1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Avid Pro Tools MBoxes: Anyone check them out yet?

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Dr_Funkdamental, Sep 21, 2010.

1. [​IMG]

Just wondering if anyone has gone out and picked up one of the new Mboxes. I was in the search for maybe the old mini, but found out they recently came out with a new line. Anyone taken the plunge yet? What do you think about them?

2. bassist343

bassist343

Feb 8, 2010
    Wow yet again they overprice these little M-boxes... :(

3. lm183902

lm183902

Aug 19, 2007
    Denver, CO
    They look to be similarly priced to the last versions, and I assume they have been upgraded to some extent.

Makes sense to me.

4. Noseferatu

Noseferatu

Feb 12, 2010
    Hermitage, PA
    They look very nice. Plus they can be used with Logic and any other program now.

5. You always could :) in fact, they are taking this option away from the HD system as logic gains ground in the DaW war, which is a major step back as many studios around the world reley on a logic/pt setup. Pro tools the program won't work on non PT hardware, but you have always been able to run other DAW's on PT hardware through digi core audio! :)

They do look pretty cool. I don't think they are particularly overpriced if you look at the equivalents in terms of I/O, quality and bundled software.

6. So are you saying that if I copped an old Mbox mini, I could use reaper, cubase, etc on it in addition to PT? The main reason I was waiting was because these come with PT already, and the new ones can use other programs now.

7. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 7, 2021