1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Bass Day! (First Fretless)

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ItchyPBass, Jun 1, 2012.

1. ItchyPBass

ItchyPBass

May 10, 2012
  2. waterboy

waterboy Supporting Member

May 31, 2009
    Montgomery, AL
    Nice! The VM was my first fretless also. Really well sorted out bass for the money.

3. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Looks good! I hope you will have a lot of fun with that bass! What are the pick ups? Seymour Duncans?

4. ItchyPBass

ItchyPBass

May 10, 2012
    Seymour Duncans, yes

5. Flaked Beans

Flaked Beans

Sep 9, 2005
    NYC
  6. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Not bad, not bad at all! They will give your fretless bass an nice vintage sound. I hope I can hear some playing of it some day ;)

7. Congratulations! It's beautiful!

8. tabdog

tabdog

Feb 9, 2011
    I want one so bad,

Tabdog

9. basspraiser

basspraiser Jammin for the Lamb! Supporting Member

Dec 8, 2006
    Chicago - NW Burbs
    good call! I almost bought one of those when they first came out (was going to be my first fretlss as well)....they feel and play nice....they are even BETTER once you consider the price!

enjoy it....

10. rickdog

rickdog Gold Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2010
    As a fretless Fender Jazz player myself, I salute your taste!

Careful, though, playing fretless can become addictive.... ;)

11. VerryBerry

VerryBerry

Mar 4, 2012
    Canada
    Ooooo! I like! Makes me want one - but I haven't paid off the P I have on layaway yet ...

12. Great bass! I know from experience, put my MIA Fender in the corner for a while.

13. ItchyPBass

ItchyPBass

May 10, 2012
    Okay, I thought I would put up a video, bear in mind I've only had it a day and I'm attempting Portrait of Tracy, for which I haven't had the music for some time! Enjoy, I have to say I am...

14. Thomas Kievit

Thomas Kievit Guest

May 19, 2012
    Just watched the video, I dig it ^^

15. Chudhole

Chudhole

May 28, 2012
    I have one of these. I love it. When I'm feeling fretless this does the trick. And anyone who hears it almost always says "nice!". If you read some of the reviews, this is basically the 'cheap" Jaco model. I bought mine new, and had to I think maybe raise one or two of the strings. That aside, it was ready to play out of the box! Congrats and nice choice!