New Bass GAS, any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by thisSNsucks, Sep 10, 2005.

1. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Hey guys, I'm in the market for a new bass but which one? I'm looking at something in the $1000 dollar range. I've been thinking Musicman Sterling but have been having doubts about the active electronics (primarily a passive kinda guy and I could never seem to get the right sound from my Stingray) Now I have my Jazz and P basses covered (you can check my profile) so I dont really need any fender recommendations. So what do you guys think? My main criteria is that it has to come with a maple board and have good string to string balance ie; no weak g-string problem (my ray suffered from that a tad) Time to recommend me some basses!
  2. BartmanPDX

BartmanPDX Supporting Member

If you already have a good Jazz and a good P, it probably IS time to look at an active bass, because you've got the two main passive options covered pretty well already. Most other passive basses will just be a variation on the same theme.

I'd try out a Lakland Skyline 44-01 or 44-02, along with a Spector, among others.
  3. Funky Tune

Funky Tune

Apr 28, 2005
    Puerto Rico
    if you have a Jazz and a P the next pass is active,and yes Music Man :p
  4. I agree, go for an active, I think it takes a bit of time to get used, It would be pretty good to try other waters than Fender and MM you ever had no?
    Lakland? Warwick? or other brands....I haven't got a lot in mind!

Good luck
  5. thisSNsucks

Dec 19, 2004
    Yonkers, NY
    Thanks for the help guys. I think I'm going to go with the sterling after all, theres just something I love about the looks of a MM. I think Basscentral still has some with the sparkle finishes, combine that with thier 48 hour approval period, this plan is almost fool proof lol.
  6. OK, sounds great, hope you'll enjoy it!