1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New bass strap for thunderbird

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by heavyrockerbass, Sep 28, 2009.

1. heavyrockerbass

heavyrockerbass

Sep 27, 2009
    I have an epiphone thunderbird bass and as it's very top heavy due to the design i have to support the neck with my hand which makes it much harder to play! i need to find a decent strap which will grip onto my shoulder and allow me to not have to support the neck with my hand, does anyone have any suggestions of decent bass straps?

2. Do some searches and look around older threads. There are plenty of discussions about this. Such as tips to move the strap buttons ect.. there are probably a couple things you can do.

I don't, nor have I ever, owned a TB, so I cant comment. But I know I've seen this brought up plenty of time before.

3. Bardolphus

Bardolphus Put some stank on it... Supporting Member

Jan 8, 2007
    Austin, Texas
    Keep the strap you have...ditch the bird.

Now the question is, "New bass for old T-Bird strap?"

4. move the strap button to one of the screws that goes into the neck plate. That should get rid of most if not all neck dive.

5. west*coast*bass

west*coast*bass Supporting Member

Dec 6, 2003
    Agoura Hills, CA
    Shameless plug?? I think not... Anyway, check out any of the tunes here and see if you can see where I have my strap on my T-Bird. First, I relocated the upper strap button to the heel of the neck and then I pull the long end of the strap over the bass...earier to see in the videos. And no, I did not put a strap pin on the front of the bass!

Check it: http://rawvisioninthewhitehouse.com/RockNationBand.html

6. Justice

Justice

May 24, 2002
    Houston TX.
    wow, I didn't know Scott Bakula could play guitar and sing!

7. Morson93

Morson93

Jan 27, 2009
    Buy some straplocks, there simple, quite cheap, and really good, mine havn't come off once yet and i've got a T-bird :)

8. heavyrockerbass

heavyrockerbass

Sep 27, 2009
    do you mean putting it here?

Attached Files:

9. Jeffrey A-Bomb

Jeffrey A-Bomb Drink Coffee & Destroy

Oct 14, 2000
    Silver Spring, MD
    Yup, that's what I did on mine. Works well :bassist:

10. REAPER52

REAPER52