New Bird & the Bee album...

Discussion in 'Ask Justin Meldal-Johnsen' started by winterburn69, Aug 6, 2019.

1. winterburn69

winterburn69

Jan 27, 2008
    Saskatchewan
    Wow. Great re-imagining of the songs. Much kudos to all involved, I think you said on Instagram you played on the whole album?

Great tone as well, especially Jamie’s Cryin’ and Runnin’ w/ the devil. Would you mind giving those of us interested a run-thru of the basses & gear you used?

Is that an upright during the piano solo during Hot for Teacher?

Thanks!

Last edited: Aug 6, 2019
  2. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Cheshire, UK

GregC likes this.
  3. jmjbassplayer

jmjbassplayer Justin Meldal-Johnsen Gold Supporting Member

Mar 25, 2005
    I don't remember anything about the gear I brought to those sessions, sorry. It was like a year and a half ago. Hot For Teacher is another player. I didn't say I played on the whole album, I think I did about half of it or something.

GregC and ctmullins like this.
  4. I love that the arrangements are just creative enough to make me really smile, but not too creative since we're all Van Halen fans too, right? I think the measure of a good musical tribute is when you get the impression that the songwriters would love the new treatment.

Did you play any bass on Recreational Love a few years ago? Some of those parts sound like you at least. Another cool record for sure, although I think anything associated with GK is certifiably gold at this point.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 20, 2021