1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New equip...

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by The_Punishment, Nov 6, 2013.

1. The_Punishment

The_Punishment

Nov 6, 2013
    What would be the best bass amp 70-110 watt cheap? What would be the best bass guitar strings to buy?

2. Precision101

Precision101

Sep 22, 2013
    From what I heard on this site a TC electronic bass amp is pretty nice. and I like to use the d addario prosteels

3. tjh

tjh Supporting Member

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    .. with absolutely no information about yourself, or how you will use/what you need/expect from your gear, there is absolutely no way anyone can give you a response with any amount of accuracy ... welcome to TB, there is more knowledge here about the bass world than anywhere else, but there are just as many opinions and preferences using their own circumstances .. yours may be completely different .. a filled out profile goes a long way to getting more accurate answers ... ;)

4. You can't go wrong with D'Addario, as well as Ernie Ball, for cheap strings that sound good. Start with roundwounds.

Also, you might be better off posting a separate thread in the Amps sub-forum as you will most certainly get more replies. I used an Ampeg BA115T combo (not recommending this amp!) for years before I upgraded to my Ashdown Little Bastard + ABM410H cabinet.

What kind of sound are you looking for? Built in effects? Is the amp just for practice? What's your budget? Lots of variables. Get yourself to a local retail outlet and try out some amps, and bring your bass if you already own it.

5. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Hey Welcome to TalkBass! Yeah a little more info would help us out.

What kind of stuff do you play?
    What kind of tone do you like?

That kind of thing. With literally dozens and dozens of both amps and strings available these days we would need to narrow the choices a bit. There is no "one best" amp or string for every single purpose in the bass world.

Give us more info to work with and we'll be glad to help.

(Oh yeah...... put the amp question in the amps forum as well please. Thanks.)

6. The_Punishment

The_Punishment

Nov 6, 2013
    Lol I'm soory I'm new at forums

7. The_Punishment

The_Punishment

Nov 6, 2013
    Well not necessarily practice. What I like to do is to play along to live songs like I'm playing the concert. Built in effects doesn't have to be there. I have a pedal, its just that the cord has. Shortage and the batteries that I put in are dead/dieing. I play mostly KISS. So kind of a tone similar to gene. If you don't know what his tone is just go to youtube, and look up kiss kruise 2 full concert by larry h. His tone is pretty distorted sounding?