New Gibson ES-Les Paul Gold Top

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by OutToPlayJazz, Jan 13, 2015.

1. Apologies if this has already been posted, but this from the 2015 Gibson range just has something about it... And I'm firmly against any bass with a large mudbucker right against the neck, but wow! I saw the U.S. MSRP price, too!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

2. Beautiful!!!! Really!!!!

3. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    I have been eyeballing the burst one for a few days now.
    And figuring out how many liquor stores I will have to rob to get one...
    Gibson_ES-Les_Paul_Bass_Faded_Darkburst-770x425.png

TolerancEJ, MCF, BigThud and 5 others like this.
  4. What is the street price? Any idea?

5. bluesblaster

bluesblaster

Jan 2, 2008
    must be spendy if your thinkin that way :D

6. I think it was something like $3100 MSRP!!! - Don't quote me on it though - that was this morning before I worked with 35 children for several hours!

7. hdracer

hdracer

Feb 15, 2009
    Elk River, MN.
    Yeah but that's a deal, the guitar version is $3699

8. Okay, you may just have a point! :) Luckily, the neck dive potential puts me off as well as the price. But it is sooo nice...

9. that goldtop is one of the best looking basses I've ever seen.

10. I wish someone would buy one of these already, so we can hear some sound clips!

Maybe Gibson will put some up around NAMM time!

11. ...maybe there will be an Epi version...
    ...sooner or later...
    ;)

12. mistergoats

mistergoats

Jun 24, 2014
    Vancouver BC
    Gibson only released three basses this year and none of them suit my fancy. Oh well, such is life.

13. BearCave

BearCave Supporting Member

May 13, 2005
    Milwaukee, WI
    No worries about neck dive. They have ultra-light Hipshot tuners. There are a few videos of Gibson Memphis from NAMM on YouTube where they talk about them. The neck used is an actual Les Paul neck and the pickups are specially made just for this bass.

I pre-ordered a Gold Top from Sweetwater a few days ago. They're expected to ship early March. :)

Horace Blount likes this.
  14. MAJOR METAL

MAJOR METAL The Beagle Father Supporting Member

:bassist:Man oh Man, is that hot! I got to check that out :hyper: How cool would it be to have a semi-hollow EB3 with F Holes?

15. This is an evil temptation. As an owner of a Epi Jack Casady and a Hofner, this would fit right in. Would anyone like to send me one? Please?

16. i like the burst

17. BigThud

BigThud

Jun 22, 2015
    Belgium
    Fortunately, it far exceeds the capacity of my wallet, otherwise I'd have jumped on this one. Stunning bass, would love to hear it.

Anybody knows what strings they put on that baby ? They said they were flatwounds (as it should), but Gibson don't make flats. Looks like D'addario Chromes or Rotosound Flats, judging from the silk color.

18. MAJOR METAL

Want to go in on a time share Gibson?

19. Major Metal:
    You are an evil man. Lead us not into Penn Station, but deliver us from EVIL.
    And, what would we do about my wife?

20. MAJOR METAL

Refinish the bass to match her car! ;)

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021