New GK 212MBE

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by 1bassplayinfool, Apr 29, 2012.

1. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Has GK come out with a new version of this cab? I've looking at these lately and ran across this. They seem to have lost the checkered looking grille and went with a large logo. Is this something that's been around awhile?

[​IMG]
    Anybody got one?

2. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    Its the whole line of GK MB combos and MBE cabs that got the facelift and improvments,,,,,, these are brand new and have not been released or shipped yet,,,,, they will be out in the wild in the next month or two.

Cheers
    Davyo

3. I have an 212MBE on backorder at MF. Pretty curious which one I will get- old model or new.

4. 1bassplayinfool

1bassplayinfool -Nowhere Man- Gold Supporting Member

Yeah, Everything I've found on these seems to be a pre-order deal. GK website does not say anything about them. Might be my next purchase after I see reviews.

5. B-string

B-string Supporting Member

Bob Gallien ended amp and cab production at the China G-K plant 12/31/2011. All amp and cab production will be from the California plant scheduled to be in full swing by the end of this year (2012). Hiring people, training them, organizing production lines, debugging production techniques takes a tremendous effort and RAG wants to insure top quality from all production lines. Takes time, but the result will be well worth it IMHO. :)

6. So nice to see a company coming back to the US from China! Hope this is a trend!

7. Reddy Tupleh

Reddy Tupleh

Jul 12, 2012
    Hello,
    First post. Any update on these? Can't seem to find any info. They look much better than the old ones which i almost pulled the trigger on. But if these are out soon, I'll wait.

8. Davyo

Davyo Davyo Supporting Member

Nov 26, 2008
    Las Vegas, Nv
    The "newer" MB112 just started shipping this week,, the rest of the new MB's, (MB110, MB210, MB115, MB212 and MB410) will all be shipping out between now and the next 60 days,,,,, Im guessin that includes the MBE/MBP cabs as well

I have the MB410 and MB115 on pre-order and they claimed to be shipping around Aug 18th as I recall.

Cheers
    Davyo

9. Reddy Tupleh

Reddy Tupleh

Jul 12, 2012
    Ok, thanks! I'm just gonna wait and see then.

10. ulynch

ulynch

Nov 8, 2010
    Nor Cal
    FWIW, I really dig my rev 1 212MBE. It's a hell of a cab for the price and weight. I like the upgraded look of the rev 2.

11. These look really good, would love to hear one in person!

12. JazzbassArt

JazzbassArt

Dec 12, 2004
    Andover, MN
    +1 No kidding. It's a shocker for the footprint.

13. miguel0706

miguel0706

Jun 13, 2012
    Does somebody know the specification of the new mb115?

14. I believe it'll be the same as the first version - 200W, 15" speaker, 35 lbs, but the nicest thing is that the DI out plug has been rotated 90 degrees, making it easier to remove a cable without having to use a screwdriver like the first version.

15. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jul 23, 2021