1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Hadrien Feraud album

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by bill_banwell, Mar 22, 2010.

1. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Does anyone know when it is due for release? there doesent seem to many updates on his website..?

Any info would be much appreciated! Thanks.

2. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Anyone???

3. Funkturnal

Funkturnal

Nov 17, 2009
    Tokyo, Japan
    He has a new one on the way? Sorry, I know I'm not answering your question or even offering anything constructive really... but what did everyone think of his first album? I really like him as a player. I like his sound, I like his groove. His technique and soloing is absolutely phenomenal. No doubt, he is the real deal. But I just didn't find his previous solo album that enjoyable. :bag:

I loved his playing on Bireli Lagene's "Electric Side" album. Hopefully I'll dig his writing more on the new one.

4. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Im very sure there is a new one on the way, i remember reading something about it here on talkbass in one of the other Feraud threads, where he was saying it was in the making..

I really liked his debut album, its definitely a grower though, the first listen is like .. ok this is different, but after a few plays i think some of the songs really grab you and you hear something different in them each time you hear them.

5. Hadrien himself talked about a release timeframe for in his new album in the thread about his Ken Smith Burner signature model. He said it would be released some time this spring so I'm thinking somewhat soon (month or two) but that's only a guess.

I loved his first album. I heard Marie Ael and I knew I had to buy it. That is easily one of the most beautiful songs I've ever heard especially for a bassist's project. Generally, "beautiful" is not the word that comes to mind when I think of bassists' solo albums but Hadrien managed to give nearly every song of his an element of beauty. With the exception of Giant Steps and the "Trip" tracks, every song on that CD was a great creation, imo. Can't wait for the new album :).

6. its got scott kinsey and rbj on a track so id be picking it up even if it wasnt hads album

7. I know and dig Scott Kinsey but RBJ? Who's that?

8. ronald bruner jr

9. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Really? Ronald bruner jr is going to be playing on the new Feraud album? thats cool! hes an amazing drummer. How did you find out that info? do you know of any other guest musicians?....

10. kinsey posted some pics over at his facebook page

11. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Who's kinsey?? and do you have a link?...

12. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    narud?

13. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Scott Kinsey was the hulking Hawaiian shirt clad mass crouched over the keyboards for Tribal Tech.

14. I don't know what Scott did to you, but unless he slept with your girl there's really no need for that here.

Here's a vid with Kinsey the rest of Tribal Tech. It's tough to find their stuff on youtube and even harder to find bits featuring Kinsey. You might also want to look up the Scott Kinsey group.

15. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Ah, c'mon... No hate here. I'm a huge TT fan, and have seen more than my fair share of their videos. You've gotta admit that they were rather fashion unconscious...

I think Scott's hair is the most visually offensive, although Kirk's wifebeater / short shorts combo is a close second.

16. Ah, I guess somethings don't translate that well over text. But, yeah I gotta agree that a lot of these fusion cats wouldn't know what fashion was if someone slapped them with a Gucci purse :p.

17. jerry

jerry Too old for a hiptrip Gold Supporting Member

Dec 13, 1999
    I don't think they give a ****!;)

18. RBJ I believe to be Ronald Bruner Jr, this guy is an incredible drummer, mentored by Will Kennedy from his early teens...do I need to say any more?
    Hadrien is on course to becoming as legendary as Jaco if he can sustain his incredible musicality over an extended period of time.

19. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    I agree! his talent is insane!

20. bill_banwell

bill_banwell

Oct 19, 2002
    England
    Anyone know any news on the expected album release date? itching to hear it!

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Dec 1, 2020