1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Hartke HD cabs

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Gojiberry22, Dec 10, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Gojiberry22

Gojiberry22

Jul 14, 2017
    I cant seem to find any threads on the new Hartke HD cabinets that came out this year, there seems to be very little attention paid to them in general.

Does anyone here have any experience with using these cabs?
    in particular the hd2x10 or 1x12, im considering getting one of these to pair with an 2x8 combo.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2017
  2. Bigpig

Bigpig Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Just ordered an HD210, so should have some feedback for you by the end of the week or early next. :bassist:

Gojiberry22 likes this.
  3. Bigpig

Bigpig Supporting Member

Oct 9, 2015
    Hey Gojiberry - checking in with a quick first take.

Anyway, I ended getting the HD210, and am running it with a Subway 800+. So far, I'm very impressed. Clean, punchy and wonderfully articulated sound. Haven't played live with it yet, so everything so far is practice-based, but when I've had it up loud, no boom to speak of - just really sharp, well-defined low-end.

The high-end controls on the cabinet are a nice added feature, so I've been leaving it in enhanced mode (or whatever they call it) and the ring and zing are just . . . tasty.

The only design flaw I can find is the weirdness of the recessed handle on only one side, which is kind of a pain, but certainly not a deal-breaker.

I ended up going to Sam Ash, since there aren't any dealers near where I live, and was able to snag it for less than $420 shipped. Anyway, there's my two cents' worth.