1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

(NEW) Hartke Hydrive HD 115 cab(s)?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by madjazzbass, Dec 10, 2017.

1. madjazzbass

madjazzbass Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    How many of you (if any) have tried or own one of these NEW Hartke Hydrive HD 115 cabs? They definitely LOOK different (I like the new look), BUT, Are they a lot better sounding than the older (silver grill) Hydrive 115? Are they Punchier? Deeper? Warmer sounding? Can they handle more power? Inquiring minds wanna know, but can't get to a place to check one out anytime in the near future, Thanks. HyDriveHD115-xlarge. 12388392_800.

2. There's a thread about this somewhere here. The speaker has been changed. Different materials being used and lower frequency response if I remember correctly. Haven't heard any of the new ones yet. I'm still digging my last generation 12s.

madjazzbass and dbase like this.
    madjazzbass likes this.
  4. madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    Thanks, So I'm assuming the overall sound/tone is better/improved because it's $100 more then the first version; I mean, it's got to be more than just the look of it

5. Better is in the ear of the beholder I guess. It should sound different. Like I said above, I'm still really liking my "older" ones. The only criticism I've ever had is that the Tolex/vinyl/ whatever rips and snags very easily.

Yahboy and madjazzbass like this.
  6. madjazzbass

Jan 5, 2014
    Earth
    Yeah the newer ones "look" pretty durable.

7. Yahboy

Yahboy

May 21, 2008
    Here is the different.

Hartke HD vs HX.

madjazzbass and Moosehead1966 like this.