New Latin Reggae Original// let me know what you think

Discussion in 'Recordings [BG]' started by canteenboy, Jul 8, 2016.

Tags:
  1. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Let me know what you think. The lyrics are in Spanish so it might be weird for some. My buddy on trumpet is singing. I wrote the bass parts/put together the different sections. It's all about the vocalists though. I love it. What do you guys think?

Oddly and btmpancake like this.
  2. btmpancake

btmpancake Gold Supporting Member

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida

3. btmpancake

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    Beautiful bass line, excellent trumpet playing, very clean recording, vocals in the right spaces. IMO

4. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks a lot. I think it's the catchiest song I've ever been a part of. I wish I had connects.

5. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Anyother Spanish speakers on the board?

6. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Not much feedback here. language barrier?

7. btmpancake

Aug 5, 2015
    Apollo beach, Florida
    I had no problem and I don't speak Spanish, but I know what I like- maybe try reposting somewhere else. should be some reggae boys out there you'd think.

8. Oddly

Oddly

Jan 17, 2014
    Dublin, Ireland.
    Not a Spanish speaker either, but that's a great tune...I really enjoyed listening to it.
    Your reggae-style bass fits in beautifully.

Also, I'm now listening to your Walter De Leon piece ... very impressive too. Not usually my sort of listening, but I really enjoy it.

9. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Thanks. I love that Walter piece. Definitely close to my heart.

10. canteenboy

canteenboy

Jan 30, 2007
    Just got into the rehearsal studio with this trumpet player, the current trombonist for Fishbone, a fantastic LA drummer (my favorite in LA), and a session keys player. It was at Fishbone's recording complex in Long Beach. Bad ass place. We just used it to rehearse.

We are playing four originals next Sunday in Long Beach. It should be the best stuff I've ever been a part of. I love working with great players. Good poopie happens with good players. I'm still pumped from the session. I'll post the recording in this thread.

11. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 24, 2022