New member from Melbourne Australia

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by shedbuiltbass, May 8, 2017.

1. shedbuiltbass

shedbuiltbass Guest

May 8, 2017
    Hi from Melbourne Australia,

I'm Michael. 54. Former teacher. Married with teenagers. Self taught double bass player. I also play fiddle and guitar, but prefer to be on double bass when playing in a band. I love those bass rhythms and low tones! I mainly play folk, bluegrass, oldtimey and a bit of Jazz and classical. I like to tinker with things and build stuff. In the past I've made 7 string Lyre from blackwood, a Savart Fiddle from Blackwood and King Billy pine and a Stew Mac kit violin. I've just started building a double bass out of Australian timbers. It's going to take a while...

G-Z likes this.
  2. th?id=OIP.8CWH_Uy-pkCLpntyoADzJwClEs&w=113&h=206&c=8&rs=1&qlt=90&dpr=1.5&pid=3.jpg

I did build a DB from a number 3 wash tub. There was no music in that tub so I took it apart. Know of any one that needs a number 3 wash tub with a hole in it. I'll let it go for a good price. Well, the shipping alone would kill that deal... moving on.

Oh yes, that fiddle. Bought a $100 fiddle while on vacation. Mine had cats in it so I gave it away. Person I gave it to could not get the cats to leave so he gave it away. No telling where that fiddle is now... :rollno:

I think you can tell if it's cheap I'll give it a try.

Welcome to the forum and do chime in. :)

Last edited: May 9, 2017
    shedbuiltbass likes this.
  3. shedbuiltbass

shedbuiltbass Guest

May 8, 2017
    Thanks Malcolm. Cats are a problem in fiddles. Takes years of practice to get them out. ;)