1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

new member here

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by zappo3000, Mar 14, 2008.

1. zappo3000

zappo3000

Mar 13, 2008
    hi just joined:hyper:

Ive been playing electric bass for about 7 months now after my friend taught me how to play guitar.
    i like to play things like...

Red hot chilli peppers
    Rage against the machine
    Reel big fish
    System of a down

so thats that.hi.

Edit:sorry just realised this forum is for non bass related chat but i thought i introduce myself.

2. MakiSupaStar

MakiSupaStar The Lowdown Diggler

Apr 12, 2006
    Huntington Beach, CA
    welcome.

3. mjolnir

mjolnir Thor's Hammer 2.1.3beta

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Welcome, jackets and commemorative plates are by the door.

4. I like potatos, do you like potatos?

5. I pronounce it 'bowling shoes'. :D
    Welcome, new guy. :)

6. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    Have fun. Do not post too much in OT. If you do, do not ask what this smiley is: :atoz:

7. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    It's the stuff of legend is what it is! :D

Yes, avoid OT. Most people who venture there (me included...) are doomed never to escape...

8. HollowBassman

HollowBassman

Jun 24, 2007
    Hancock, MD
    Welcome

9. daofktr

daofktr irritating, yet surly

Feb 15, 2005
    aurora, IN
    Welcome, grasshoppa!

In hopes that your trip on TB Airlines will be safe, productive, enlightening and grooving, some helpful hints (printed on the side of the airsick bags, thoughtfully provided by the Qintar):

1) Use the search function early, often, and religiously. The answer to any questions you may have will, like as not, already be discussed ad absurdum.
    Using the search function will protect you from the wrath of n00b-eating kobolds.

2) No. Politics. At. Frigging. All.
    If you talk politics, you will be either a) suspended, b) banned, c) demoted to glockenspiel, or d) forced to become John Tesh's cabin boy.
    (He likes his baby food steamed, not microwaved.)

3) No Effing Profanity.

4) Read all stickies at the top of the forum/sub-forum. They tell you everything you wish to know, and have wonderful links and resources for newer players, as well as seasoned pros.
    If you can't find what you are looking for between the search function and the stickies, either it doesn't exist or Chuck Norris melted it with his stare.

5) When in doubt, 'carrots' is an acceptable answer.

6) You may have noticed that you are flying 'coach', aka Bass Guitar Forums. That is no disgrace, as some of the funkiest practitioners of the Low Arts fly here. However, if you feel the need to upgrade to First Class, or, Double Bass Forums, some things you may wish to consider:

a) oxygen is limited at the top of the Ivory Tower, so bring your own,
    b) there are cave-dwellers there, too.
    (Re: rockabilly.)
    c) Unless you are comfortable tossing words like 'craptastic' around, and tend to obsess over the differences between C and D necks, stay here in coach...we get the chicks...;)

7) A few other things to keep in mind:

a) Paul, the owner of TB, outranks Chuck Norris.
    b) All moderators are fed raw meat. They may seem tame enough, but don't poke sticks into their cages. They sometimes get out.
    c[sup]1[/sup]) Major Metal is not a major, but he is metal.
    c[sup]2[/sup]) If you become the focus of a thread he starts, you are either really lucky or really hosed. Humor him either way.
    d) John Turner, our Air Marshal, is really a warm, fuzzy teddybear...if by 'warm' you mean 'exuding magma'; 'fuzzy', meaning 'having quills like a porcupine, comprised of broken glass and despair'; and 'teddybear', meaning 'the unnamed wraith inhabiting the Genitorturers' absinthe-soaked, DMT-fired nightmares'.
    (He is fun at parties, and has creative uses for doublenecked seven strings...but don't cheese him off.)

Now that we have all that taken care of, enjoy your trip, please try the smoked almonds, and don't forget to tip your stews.

10. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    Hey Duke,

Are you posting that picture in every post of yours because you don't want to pay for a supporting membership, to have a space for an avatar?

11. +1, That exactly what I was wondering.:eek: Is it your voice in my head:bag:
    Welcome To TB Newbie
    Beware of OT

12. Nikoubis

Nikoubis

May 3, 2007
    Athens, Greece
    This should be in FAQ. :D

13. mjolnir

Jun 15, 2006
    Houston, TX
    Wow, totally missed that... Nice job, daofktr! I especially liked the part about JT. Lord knows he's slung magma in my direction more than once... :D

14. Welcome. One more thing to beware of, if you are an asian chick, look out for maki. Ok, weird story, I had a dream last night were maki was teaching me to surf and his real name was joe.

lowsound

15. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Fontana, California
    hi zappo, I'm Mikey, aka IconBasser. You'll see me posting rather irrelevant comments in lots of threads here in Off Topic.

You will not see me post anywhere else but the OT section, as I don't even browse anywhere else.

if you have any questions about how things run here and are too embarrased to ask the public, PM me and I'll help ya out.

my first peice of advice: go read the Maki Two Cents thread and the "Could Atoz be the new Moshgirl?" thread. They are legendary here and are also irrefutably awsome.

16. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    ...count the silverware
    If you do wander over to the Dark Side pls don't wake up the Fuqua over in the corner. He's mean!

17. They pelted me with rocks... and garbage. :atoz:

18. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    boo hoo

*chucks rock*

19. eedre

eedre

Feb 26, 2007
    St. Louis,MO
    Obviously not OT material considering he hasn't checked his thread in the last 15 min. :D

20. santucci218

santucci218

Jan 26, 2007
    Pittsburgh
    lol, your like watching his every move.