1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Ricky Simon, Nov 2, 2013.

1. Hello folks, Rick Simon here, bass player, no big name but I get hired sometimes!

From Cornwall England.

Like ALL the greats and lot of the not-so-greats too!

Old Ricks, P's, Jazzers, Westones, like them all really I guess.

Old Trace Elliots...

Yellow International series P bass, yes I posted that on youtube!

Looking forward to posting but will be reading first, much!

Will tweak my profile next visit, it IS 4.30am so leave that till next visit!

Best wishes all! Rick.

2. Donavan

Donavan

Nov 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Hi there rick! Nice to meet you! Those vintage ricks, precision and jazz basses are .......can't think of a word to describe their excellence... love em' I'm a Jazz/Rick guy myself. I may make an exception for a P/J occasionally to get the best of both worlds!

3. two fingers

two fingers Opinionated blowhard. But not mad about it. Gold Supporting Member

Feb 7, 2005
    Eastern NC USA
    Welcome to TalkBass! ore info here than you can imagine. Filter through the (not so frequent) negativity because most of us just love what we do and love to talk about it. And we're here to help.

How about a link to that killer yellow bass?

4. Hi Donavan, thanks for the welcome! Yeah there are some lovely basses around, I like them all if I'm honest, I'd like a bigger collection, much bigger!

Best wishes Rick.

5. Hi Two Fingers, thanks for the welcome! I haven't seen a lot of negative tbh, but I'm good at ignoring that kind of thing! I did post a link to the ''true yellow fender'' video in the yellow threads but here it is again!

Best wishes! Rick.

6. Donavan

Donavan

Nov 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    I want to start a collection of my own, a A few jazz basses, a mustang, and at least a ric.... :p Then I'll move onto the amps....

7. Best get yer wallet out then Donavan!

8. Mega-rare Fender International series 'Monaco Yellow' Precision Bass photos now posted in the 'yellow threads'...

9. Donavan

Donavan

Nov 8, 2013
    Wisconsin
    Amen! Now.....where did I put that.....