1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New Option Buttons and their usage

Discussion in 'Forum Usage Help' started by ryco, Dec 4, 2006.

1. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    Could you please enlighten me as to the difference between a "Quick Reply" and a new post? What is Quick Reply and when would one use it?

Also, in the post windows I see a new button called "Multi Quote This Message". I've tried this button on some posts and it doesn't seem to do anything.

Thanks in advance!

2. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Quick reply is used when you want to...reply to a post quickly :) Instead of having to click "post reply" you just use the quick reply box.

I don't know about the "multi quote this message" button, where is that? I would assume it means that you can use it to easily quote multiple posts. Like if I say something, and someone else posts a reply as well that you want to quote, you can quote both of us in one reply easily. Maybe someone else can give a better answer.

3. ryco

ryco

Apr 24, 2005
    So "Quick Reply" is more like IM

I see

4. Quick Reply is just where you type in the box at the bottom of the page your reading now, instead of clicking post reply, then typing with the full editor.

To use the mult. quote option, click the middle button on each post you want to quote, then click one of the quote buttons. That should work.

5. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    Massachusetts
    Actually just clicking the middle button and then clicking Reply works too.

6. Oh cool, I hadnt tried that.