1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NEW PEDAL: Boss JB-2 Angry Driver OD

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by BunchyMutt, Oct 11, 2017.

1. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
    I know this isn't for bass, but it's still a cool design. Definitely want to try it.

BOSS - JB-2 | Angry Driver

"To celebrate the 40th anniversary of BOSS compact pedals, BOSS and JHS Pedals have come together in a historic creative collaboration between the two industry leaders. Housed in the classic BOSS compact design, the JB-2 Angry Driver pairs the tones of the iconic BOSS BD-2 Blues Driver with JHS Pedals’ popular Angry Charlie. Working closely together, the two pedal innovators have developed an all-new combined circuit with refined sound and performance perfectly tuned for dual-mode drive operation.

The JB-2 Angry Driver features three dual-concentric knobs that provide independent drive, tone, and level control for each overdrive type. Via a six-position mode selector, you can use each overdrive independently, or combine them together in series and parallel configurations. With the ability to blend the Blues Driver’s famously expressive low-to-mid gain tones with the Angry Charlie’s aggressive rock voice in any combination, the JB-2 Angry Driver delivers unmatched range and versatility from a single overdrive pedal."

Moody Tuner likes this.
  2. giphy.gif

3. BunchyMutt

BunchyMutt Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2014
    Nashville, TN
  4. JHS

SunnBass and GentProvocateur like this.
  5. Moody Tuner

Moody Tuner

Jun 30, 2017
    Chicago
    I think it's a cool idea for a pedal. I don't have the blues driver or angry Charlie and now I can buy both in one pedal, sweet. Scott from JHS is a huge fan of BOSS. Many boutique enthusiasts are not fans of BOSS. In my opinion, if it sounds good, it is good; whose name is on it, is immaterial.

I like a lot of BOSS stuff. I really like the spring-hinge design of their pedals over tap switches. It feels more natural to me than tapping on a little piece of protruding metal.

Figjam likes this.
  6. StayLow

StayLow

Mar 14, 2008
    Totally agreed.

I've tried it. My feeling is it isn't well suited for bass. Overall it didn't seem to retain punch in the low end. Cool concept though. Some great sounds for solos.

Moody Tuner likes this.
  7. SunnBass

SunnBass All these blankets saved my life.

Aug 31, 2010
    Columbia, Mo
    OwmXj.gif

GentProvocateur likes this.