Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

new peddle idea?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by stanger503, Jul 21, 2004.

1. how come they dont make a growl pedal. i think thatd be prety cool. maybe everyone else thinks its dumb but i think its awesome. they have a pedal for everything else you know.any way im prepared to be fried. josh :bag:

2. Whafrodamus

Whafrodamus

Oct 29, 2003
    Andover, MA
    We have a pedal... Pedal... Pedal.. Pedal... Pedal.. You get the picture.. But we have a pedal board.. Also, work on your spelling.

3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    Wow

U? .ne way? Is that really any quicker than just spelling the word out completely.

4. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada
    growl is more tone then a pedal effect but it would be cool to hit a button and whammy, its like your holding a puma. no means to hijack your thread but me and a bud sat down and thought the coolest idea for a pedal would be an effect that you could record or download onto the pedal different sounds, like a scream. then have it so when u played it made that sound the note you were playing. like on a keyboard but unlimited.

i like the growl though :p

5. well...yea actually it is. and when your fifteen years old YOU dont really feel like doing that to much. sorry if I have offended anyone in my spelling. i did not realize it was against the rules to spell things differently, plus i am tired.thank YOU for making ME feel like and ass. good night

6. Beav

Beav Graphics Whore

Jul 17, 2003
    Middle Tennessee
    Designer: Beav's Graphics
    Yes, but it also makes some people's head hurt trying to deciper your "words".

To get back to the topic at hand....

TB has it's own effects portion of this forum, so you might try there.

7. "me and a bud sat down and thought the coolest idea for a pedal would be an effect that you could record or download onto the pedal different sounds, like a scream. then have it so when u played it made that sound the note you were playing. like on a keyboard but unlimited."
    They have those. They're called "samplers" and you can buy them at Radio Shack. At least, my Dad did in 1987.
    As for a "growl box," well sh!t, why put in any effort at all when you could just buy something?

8. xyllion

xyllion Commercial User

Jan 14, 2003
    San Jose, CA, USA
    Owner, Looperlative Audio Products
    Yep, this response is exactly right. Move your right hand around a bit and I think you will find the growl box is in your hand.

9. Lockout

Lockout

Dec 24, 2002
    Illinois
    Growl box, eh? Warwick should make something like that.

10. thats kinda what i was thinking. to get that warwick growl without the thousands. it could be used as a regular thing or crank it up so much that its just a effect.idk, just thought it was different. the growl box...i like that. :D

11. Ryan L.

Ryan L. Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Aug 7, 2000
    West Fargo, ND
    Wrong forum.

Moved.

12. How about I peddle you some of my old pedals?