New QOTSA bassist and video

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by lawndart, Feb 26, 2005.

1. lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    Love the song "Little Sister" and I cant wait till march 22. Who is the new bassist since Nick left. And if you've seen the video for "Little Sister" what bass is he using? Looks like a Mosrite or a copy.
  2. Blunk

Aug 14, 2002
    I read in an interview with Josh Homme that the new bassist is Alain (or Alaine i can't remember exactly) Johannes from a band called "Eleven".

i've never heard of them, but the name Alain Johannes sounds familiar, but as a guitar player in another band...

*scratches head*

it'll come to me eventually...
  3. Adam Barkley

Adam Barkley Mayday!

Aug 26, 2003
    Jackson, MS
    The Rock Countdown on MTV2 said that the new bassist was named Dan Druff (got to be a nickname :D ) probably just a joke though.
  4. In the video to "Little Sister" Troy is playing bass. Some other guy is playing the second guitar part. Who knows where this'll end up.
    Anyone remember when Joey Castillo was made a member only a couple of weeks before the "Song's for the Deaf" tour began?
  5. lawndart

Oct 4, 2003
    Northern NJ
    i went to their website and they said Dan Druff :smug: is playing bass. anyways still cant wait for the cd. Any info on the bass?
  6. WildBill

Jul 7, 2002
    I dunno, the queens family is kinda all over the place but Im pretty sure troys their bass player, and dan just worked on the album with them.
  7. msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Alain Johannes is a guitarist/vocalist for Eleven. He also coproduced and played a lot of guitar and bass on Chris Cornell's fantastic solo album. I'm pretty excited to hear the QOTSA stuff if Johannes is onboard now. He's a great bassist and writer.