Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Schecter bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by B166ER, Apr 25, 2004.

1. [​IMG]

I just found this bass on Shecter's website. Newer (03 or 04)
    MODEL: CV4 & CV5 Basses
    CONSTRUCTION: 6 Bolt-On
    BODY: Alder
    NECK: Maple
    FINGERBOARD: Rosewood
    FRETS: 24 Jumbo
    SCALE: 34" (CV-4), 35" (CV-5)
    INLAYS: Dot
    BRIDGE: Hipshot "A" Style
    BINDING: None
    TUNERS: Grover
    HARDWARE: Chrome
    PICKUPS: Duncan Designed MM Bass Humbucker & Vintage 'J'
    ELECTRONICS: 2-Vol w/ Duncan BEQ-3 Active EQ (Bass, Mid, Treble 12DB cu/ Tboost And 'Slap Switch)
    FINISHES: Gloss Black (BLK), Dark Vintage Sunburst (DVS)

Listed price for the 5 is $749.00 What do you think? I think that it's a great alternative to a musicman stingray, lakland 55-02, or several other basses for a great price. It's the pickups and electronics that really look good. I've heard of guys swapping thier origanl MM's out for the duncan designed MM pu. Questions though, does the sucker play well, sound well, and have good quality?

2. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    A lot of great quality basses from overseas are popping up everywhere! That schecter looks like a fine bass to me, and I would sure like to play one!

3. b15fliptop

b15fliptop Supporting Member

Feb 17, 2004
    Florida
    Schecter's import line is some nice stuff. I played every bass in their booth at NAMM, and dug them all. The only thing that concerns me is the "Duncan Designed" pickups. I've never actually played DD bass p'ups, but every guitar I've heard with the DD's rather than US Duncans left alot to be desired. Still, at that price you could always replace them down the road, if needed.

4. frederic b. hodshon

frederic b. hodshon Supporting Member

May 10, 2000
    Lake Forest, CA
    None.
    i was VERY impressed with the Schecters i've played recently.

NICE!

f

5. Mud Flaps

Mud Flaps

Feb 3, 2003
    Norton, MA
    I told all you guys that MM/J's were becoming more popular. How many new ones have come out this year?

6. hondo8671

hondo8671

Apr 22, 2004
    NICE BASS!!!