1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New speakers but no volume, HELP!!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by bobostein, Jun 4, 2012.

1. bobostein

bobostein

Jun 5, 2009
    So I just put new speakers in my sunn 215 (wired in parallel) and i plug in my amp and no sound untill the volume is at 10 and its still very quiet, like a wisper. Theyr Eminence Legend cb 15s 4 ohms so my amp (sunn concert bass) will be running at 2 ohms, so whats wrong?

2. Shorted wires somewhere in the cab, at the jack, instrument cable (instead of using a speaker cable) shorted (this will damage a SS amp) or using the wrong jack on the amp?

3. +1
    If you have a parallel input, try unwiring one and using just a single input. I found that sometimes parallel inputs short my cab. It could just be me. But there is a short somewhere.

If you've soldered the connections, make sure they're correctly soldered.

Or you could just be deaf from too many epicly loud bass solos.

4. edbass

edbass

Nov 8, 2004
    You may also be running a load thatÂ’s too low for the Concert Bass.

I'm not a big transistor Sunn expert, but at the Sunn Forum there has been lots of discussion over the years about Concert Series amps and two ohm loads. The general consensus among forum members who are transistor Sunn savvy is that it's a bad idea to run one at 2 ohms; even though later model Concerts were rated at 2 ohms.

If you dig around on the Sunn Forum you will find several threads on the subject, but I think this one sums up the reasoning behind NOT running a Concert at 2 ohms pretty tidily;

http://sunnforum.ampage.org/index.php/topic,3189.msg9845.html#msg9845