1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Subdecay Delay? Where did the last one go?

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by TaySte_2000, Jul 17, 2012.

1. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Endorsing Artist: Mojohand, Subdecay, Overwater, Matamp
    So yeah, been out of touch and was told about this today http://www.subdecay.com/anamnesis-echo

[​IMG]

I thought hmmm cool, but where the hell did the Echobox go?

For those that don't know (and probably don't care) the Echobox to me was the best delay on bass, maybe not ever but certainly for me, the voicing was so right and the modulation made an awesome chorus pedal when you turned the delay right down. Chronicle even did an awesome cranked clip where it did that awesome Mario Ghost House theme sound :D

I suppose we make way to progress, can't really complain, smaller size, same features, 600ms (think the echobox did 500ms) and the modulation goes a lot faster.

The Echobox was the only delay I could get the oscillation balance right with, you know where it's constantly oscillating but still decaying and fading away.

Well I'll be excited to try the new one anyway as I've never seen Subdecay take a step backwards in development.

2. chilli

chilli

Jun 15, 2012
    UK
    I love my echobox (plain white case version), one of the most underrated delay & modulated delay pedals around for the money. Just checked and delay time is upto 800ms.

3. godblender

godblender Banned

Mar 11, 2009
    Michigan
    I can't wait for the Deluxe version. Heh.

I love Subdecay.

4. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Don't think I've ever used it over 300ms other than for pitch shifting fun :D

5. chilli

chilli

Jun 15, 2012
    UK
    Haha, your right, I should put delay time upto 800ms - although this causes some disruption in the space time continuum :eek:

6. meursault42

meursault42

Jun 21, 2006
    I take it this is just another take on a PT2399-based delay with modulation....yawn....

7. TaySte_2000

TaySte_2000

Jun 23, 2001
    Manchester, UK
    Apparently there will be a DLX version in 2013 with tap tempo and maybe expression pedal input :D now that will be a thing of beauty.

Sooooo this can replace the Echobox and the DLX can take the space the Echo took and erm the PDS can erm, well erm PT2???????

8. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    still waiting..... :D

9. sk8

sk8

May 10, 2007
    United Kingdom
    Well I got the anamnesis recently and have to say I'm loving it. The echo box was great but the smaller form factor of this is welcome.