1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New TalkBass Member

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by arjosy, Mar 25, 2006.

1. arjosy

arjosy

Jan 4, 2006
    New Joisey
    Greetings from southern New Joisey!

I've spent a good amount of time reading the message boards and gear reviews and figured what the heck. So I signed up.

I've been playing almost 30 years and have done gigs ranging from weddings to 80's metal club dates (yes, I'm so old as to have played 80's metal in the 80's.) I'm currently in a band doing rock from the early 70's to present. Really just looking to play for fun.

For gear these days, I'm using a Fender Geddy Lee Signature Jazz, a MIM Fender Jazz which I retrofitted with a Badass II bridge, a Peavey BXP 5-string, an 80's Vantage VP795B (through neck with two sets of DiMarzio p-bass pickups) and an 80's Vantage VP695B. On the amp side, I have an Ashdown MAG-300H which drives an Avatar B210 Delta and custom 1X12 fitted with a 300-watt Carvin bass driver.

Looking forward to talking bass with all of you.

Take it easy

John aka Arjosy