1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NEW TC ELECTRONIC AMP! Rocco signature

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by ric4682, Oct 3, 2009.

1. ric4682

ric4682 Supporting Member

Jul 2, 2008
    Hey guys (girls),
    I just got an email from TC and it's very exciting news. I hope they can make this one a little more affordable than the RH450.
    Here's the link:
    http://www.tcelectronic.com/bass.asp
    Also, there is a 1-12 cab available now.
    Oppinions?

2. Jeff Scott

Jeff Scott Rickenbacker guru.......... Supporting Member

Apr 11, 2006
    As great as Rocco is, you got to wonder why he has all these signature amps from different manufacturers. :eyebrow:

3. seamonkey

seamonkey

Aug 6, 2004
  4. Good posting, thanks

5. Ezbass

Ezbass

Apr 3, 2008
    U.K.
    Rocco has more amp endorsements than most people have had hot dinners! He really is an amp dilettante. Nice work if you can get it.

6. No idea how this version sounds, but I own the rh450 and if its anything like it all I have to say it....BUY NOW. But, I suggest trying it out first j to make sure. I drove over two hours one way j to hear it and loved it so much I bought it the same day

7. REAPER52

REAPER52

Aug 17, 2008
    FL-Central
    RH450 =nothing like it out right now-absolutly love it////

8. dannster

dannster

Aug 20, 2000
    Seattle,WA
    Watch the vids... TC Electronics has a youtube channel ya know.;)

http://www.youtube.com/user/tcelectronic

edit: hrrrmmmm..... they pulled a video that had a woman a/b'ing between the rh450 and the staccato...strange. It was BassIda.

9. UKHTCE

UKHTCE

Dec 2, 2008
    Denmark
    VP. Prod. Mngt. TCE
    Hey guys,

Sorry for pulling Ida off - she is back on. The backtracks were by accident out of sync on the video, which Ida didn't really like ;-)
    All fixed now and back up.

10. +1 I'm really digging mine, and it is a GREAT match with the Bergantino AE410.

We discussed the Rocco amp on the mega thread. It is more expensive (I believe a 15% upcharge). For that, you get a red box (looks cool) and basically the same amp with different 'out of the box set neutral' EQ points, and I believe some tweaks to the compressor parameters and the tube-tone parameters.

I guess if you really dig Rocco's tone, that would be a positive. The RH450's tone controls are so powerful that I would personally rather start at a somewhat more neutral/flat starting point and dial that sort of tone in and save to a memory location. However, different strokes for different folks!

Nice stuff!

Edit: Interesting when IDA is A/Bing the amps, she has the tube emulation at about double the intensity on the Rocco versus the RH450. Not a very good A/B. You wonder what they were thinking (if I'm seeing the head setting correctly), since that 'light ring' just hits you in the face regarding the settings of the controls.