1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

New to the forum from Canaderrr

Discussion in 'Welcome Forum - New Member Intros' started by Jon_e_Say, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Yep .

2. Nope.

3. Shut up.

4. Why don't you shut up?

5. I can't believe you don't shut up.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Hey-o.

I'm Jon. I play the bass. I play an old Soundgear SR-885, and a Warwick Ltd. Ed. 2009 Corvette $$. I don't deserve to touch the Warwick, my skill is really not worthy of that beautiful hunk of wood and crafts-person-ship.

I'm pretty tech-disabled, which I suppose is why I should be on this site. I'd like to learn more about how the gear works. Also, I'd like to learn to be able to maintain my basses better myself. I actually did my first set-up on my Warwick following the manual that came with the bass, and I must say, the action is great and the intonation is POIFECT!

I play in an...alt-metal band (I suppose would be the easiest way to approach it) called Sparky. You can find our newest (3rd) album (Sept. 2014) on bandcamp, and see what we sound like here:

I play through a Trace Elliot AH600SMX & Mesa M9 Carbine with an old Ampeg SVT210HE & SVT410HE, splitting the signal with a MXR DI+ pedal. Just got the 410 in exchange for a SVT18. I haven't even played with the 410 yet, practice is tomorrow night. The reasoning is that I couldn't haul the 18 in my car. I kinda want to go for a HLF for the vented cab, but I couldn't fit that in my car, either. I'm pretty worried I just traded all my low end.

Anyway, that's me in a nutshell.

Cheers, J

2. Welcome. Chime in, we learn from each other.

Jon_e_Say likes this.