New Vintage Amp Day - Merry Christmas to Me!!

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by kbakerde, Dec 24, 2015.

Tags:
  1. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Been missing this tone ever since partying ways with my old Bassman 135. So I decided to check the CL, and Merry Christmas to me, $375. Plugged it up last night to put it through the paces, such a luscious tone. A tone I prefer to either the SVT or the V4B. So depending on the band, venue, and volume needed I can use either the Bassman or my GK 400RB-IV. Great volume and it sounds so awesome with a fuzz pedal.

My plan is to use my GK with the louder rock band, and the Bassman with my pop band with the older guys.

2. kbakerde

kbakerde Supporting Member

Jan 24, 2012
    So a change to the title is in order now, as it is now New Amps Day vintage edition. First off thanks to @Pokerdweebz for a great deal locally for the Bassman 135. Well as it happened I was in NJ dropping off the kids to the ex and decided to run by a guitar shop. Thinking maybe I'd hit the GC in Cherry Hill if close enough. Well a quick search on my phone and I was less than a mile from a nice small shop Woodbridge Music. Some cool guitars, and a lot of amps, and one particular guitar and one particular amp.

20151226_122357_zpsasif6b8o.jpg

20151226_122439_zps57uijdgq.jpg

So in just the matter of a few days I got to repurchase my two favorite vintage amps, the Bassman 135 and the Acoustic 150B, and I picked up a really nice sounding and playing MIM P-Bass. All in all a good few days for surprisingly little money!!

Oren Hudson likes this.
  3. Pokerdweebz

Pokerdweebz

Oct 26, 2012
    Lancaster, PA
    Glad you enjoy it! Also grats on the other purchases. Some nice gear you got there.

4. Dp1363

Dp1363

Jan 8, 2011
    South Jersey US
    GC in Cherry Hill is my second home.

kbakerde likes this.
  5. markjazzbassist

markjazzbassist Supporting Member

Apr 19, 2005
    Lakewood, OH
    nice score!! i also dig the fender bassman tone. has a little more top end than the Ampeg and has a rounder cleaner tone i really love.

enjoy!!

kbakerde likes this.
  6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021