1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Zoom B2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Looks nice - metal case and very sleek. Anyone test drive one yet?

Zoom B2

2. parttimeluthier

parttimeluthier

May 7, 2005
    Yep, I tried one out on Friday here at my local Sam Ash music. I had wanted to try one out for a couple of months since seeing them on the net.
    I have one of the older Zoom BFX-708's, I have always liked the sounds it provides me but have never liked the all plastic housing. I know that alot of people poo-poo most Zoom pedals but I think it's more because of their plastic construction and their sometimes toy-like appearance. This pedal is a big improvement in those areas. I have always felt their processors sounded equally as good as Line-6 or digitechs dollar for dollar.
    The new B2 has a metal housing and a upgraded processor. The sampling rate is now 96K and it's 32 bit. It also has a parametric EQ in it's eq section now whereas the older Zooms just had 3 band eq.
    I was able to get some seriously deep lows out of it at the music store. What surprised me most is how quiet is was for a digital multi-effects pedal.
    Of course some of the preset patches sounded a bit goofy and over the top but as anyone who has used these class of multi-effects pedals knows the key to getting great sounds is to edit and create your own patches.
    The only thing that I dont like much is the LCD display is only two characters where my 708 had more. Also the 708 has an expression pedal where the B2 does not but I really didn't use that much anyway.
    A metal case, upgraded processor, good sounds and cool looking for around 99 bucks! I plan on getting one for myself very soon. :D

3. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
  4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin