Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

New Zoom B2

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Oct 1, 2005.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Looks nice - metal case and very sleek. Anyone test drive one yet?

Zoom B2

2. parttimeluthier

parttimeluthier

May 7, 2005
    Yep, I tried one out on Friday here at my local Sam Ash music. I had wanted to try one out for a couple of months since seeing them on the net.
    I have one of the older Zoom BFX-708's, I have always liked the sounds it provides me but have never liked the all plastic housing. I know that alot of people poo-poo most Zoom pedals but I think it's more because of their plastic construction and their sometimes toy-like appearance. This pedal is a big improvement in those areas. I have always felt their processors sounded equally as good as Line-6 or digitechs dollar for dollar.
    The new B2 has a metal housing and a upgraded processor. The sampling rate is now 96K and it's 32 bit. It also has a parametric EQ in it's eq section now whereas the older Zooms just had 3 band eq.
    I was able to get some seriously deep lows out of it at the music store. What surprised me most is how quiet is was for a digital multi-effects pedal.
    Of course some of the preset patches sounded a bit goofy and over the top but as anyone who has used these class of multi-effects pedals knows the key to getting great sounds is to edit and create your own patches.
    The only thing that I dont like much is the LCD display is only two characters where my 708 had more. Also the 708 has an expression pedal where the B2 does not but I really didn't use that much anyway.
    A metal case, upgraded processor, good sounds and cool looking for around 99 bucks! I plan on getting one for myself very soon. :D

3. John Herzog

John Herzog

Jun 14, 2002
    Schertz, TX
  4. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin