1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

New Zoom B3

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Chucky, Apr 3, 2013.

1. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Hello, Just purchased this Zoom B3 and it works nicer than my Roland Micro Cube Bass as a stereo preamp.

My issue with most stereo setups is background noise, in this instance I have my SWR Baby Blue II head and Acoustic Control Model 126 Combo. The SWR has always introduced a hum into the output, not anymore. At least not as much, if any.

The Zoom is a lot easier to setup than my old Roland GT-6B. I think that is what it was. The GT-6B was a bear for buzzing noise.

My cabinets driven by the SWR are an older Kustom Tuck and Roll single 15 with Altec lansing speaker and a custom built 12 inch. The Model 126 uses its internal speaker only.

Attached Files:

2. Crystalman85

Crystalman85

Nov 30, 2008
    Chicago, Il.
    That's a nice rig you got there. if you do have some noise issues, the zoom b3 has a noise gate that you can use. also if you needed some patch ideas, come check out my zoom b3 patch ideas thread. it'll help you create some nifty patches for your zoom b3. here's the link.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/f36/zoom-b3-patch-ideas-918990/

3. .
    What Crystalman85 said.

Also, you'll find that there should be less noise on battery power, rather than mains power if you want to try that.

In the mix of a band environment you shouldn't really notice any noise even if you stick with mains power.
    Playing alone you will obviously hear more noise.

4. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Thank you for the reply, I assumed after I posted I would get negative vibes when I realized there was already a B3 thread.

I'll look at your info, here is my updated photo with my SWR Workingmans 12 substituted for the Model 126. I bought the WM12 new from Mars Music in Johnson County Kansas about 1999 and it is the only one I have seen with tune out/xlr out on the back. Also has a cool blue LED. I recently got it back after it was used as the shop loaner at The Doublebass workshop here in Madison for years. The cave setup gets redone almost nightly.

I see a 1984 Fender Power Jazz Bass special in a lineup, I had one of those and played it with a touring Big Band from 1989 to 1994. Nice bass, my recent basswood similar to that in a way is the classic vibe squier in the photo using Aguilar classic 60's pickups.

As it goes, I do not play gigs much, the only rock show I did they locked the exits so that the kids would not leave. I played a retirement home last night with our small 20 piece studio orchestra and the big moment was ending with the Hawaii Five O theme music.

Again, thank you for the courtesy of a comment.

Attached Files:

5. Chucky

Chucky

Mar 26, 2006
    Madison, WI
    Here is more, because...

My 1969 Precision with Moses neck and Badass bridge, why? Because...

And, the Kustom Charger combo minus an amp, instead powered by my Baby Blue II modified to look like a Walter Woods.

Just finished listening to a vinyl record (and playing with) Herbert von karajan and the Berlin Phil do Scheherazade, not to be confused with the progressive rock group "Renaissance"'s album of the same name.

That Zoom B3 is just the ticket, while they have them Fullcompass here in Wisconsin sells them $35 less than MF.

That technics TT behind the Baby Blue does not get played, it's part of my Record cleaning system with my Nitty Gritty. I use it to spin on Gruv Glide.

Attached Files: