Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by dKbass, Sep 20, 2004.

1. dKbass

Sep 20, 2004
    I just joined TB, tho I had been meaning to for a while. This past weekend I saw a concert by one of the members here, Max Valentino at the Millpond Music Festival in California. Man! Max did a set where he played solo bass (a Godin acoustic-electric fretless at that!) and he played the basslines, chords, melodies even drum parts all at the same time. I had never seen bass played like that before. It was really amazing.

I spoke with him a little after his set (very friendly nice guy) and bought his CD. My bass teacher told me that he is a regular poster here, and even writes articles for talkbass. Anyone know about this guy?

He is an amazing player, with great tunes and a fantastic sound....and he simply stunned the audience at Millpond.

I would like to know more about this guy. I have only been playing bass about a year and a half now, but this guy so blew me away! Anyone seen or heard him?

This is a real cool site, too. Glad I joined up.

2. baba

baba Supporting Member

Jan 22, 2002
    3rd stone from the sun
    Yes, Max posts here often and is very cool. I've spoken with him a bit on Chat and he is very knowledgeable about music, gear, and the business side of being a musician. Unfortunately, I still haven't heard his music but I know he is well respected.
  3. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    It must have been those Manring videos he "bought" off of me ;)
  4. maxvalentino

maxvalentino Endorsing Artist Godin Guitars/ Thomastik-Infeld

Well.....gosh....and thanks very much.

Danny, I do remember speaking with you this past weekend. Yes, I had a great time there at the Millpond Festival, and I am really appreciative of your kind remarks.

It was a great time, and I believe my set was quite well recieved. A great opportunity to push my solo work to a larger audience.

Hateater.......I just sent you an e-mail re: those videos and the paypal mixup which occured.....will rectify that right away!

I am currently finishing up the building of a new studio,,and then will have a new CD available. It's been a long summer....

5. Mike Dimin

Mike Dimin

Dec 11, 1999
    Clinician: EA, Zon, Boomerang, TI. Author "The Art of Solo Bass"
    Max .... Max who?

Sorry buddy, just couldn't resist. Max is really one of the "cats". His stuff is so cool, so original. He definitely does not get the kind of recognition that he, as both a player and person, deserve.

Mike Dimin
  6. hateater

hateater snatch canadian cream

May 4, 2001
    Eugene, OR
    Just let me come down to watch you play, ,and consider it even :hyper: