1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Newish FPS I've been really digging, and it's F2P!

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by sloasdaylight, Aug 17, 2012.

1. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    https://account.hirezstudios.com/tribesascend/

So, as some may know, I'm a fan of the FPS genre, and I was really into BF3 until a few months ago when it just seemed that I was playing the same game over and over that I'd played for the last 5-7 years; so I've gone into pseudo retirement from it.

This game though is really, really awesome. A quick run down for those who might be interested.

You can download it through steam, or through the official website if you don't have steam (I think). It's F2P, and a lot of fun, but can be very frustrating with it's learning curve.

If anyone's got it or is thinking about getting it, my username is my SteamID, so feel free to friend me.

2. Been meaning to try the new Tribes game. Though typically not too huge on the future stuff, but Tribes 2 did kick ass.

3. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    I haven't played any of the Tribes game before this, I saw it one night while I was logging onto steam and figured I'd give it a shot. Well worth the download.

4. Will give it a bash!

On a BF3 note, Armoured Kill out soon, should give a more traditional BF experience!

5. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    So yeah, I'm a dork. I read the first word in the thread title as Jewish and thought to myself "this thread is not going to end well, but let me go see what aborgman and guy.n.cognito are arguing about".

-Mike

6. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    lol

7. I knew this thread was gonna be about Tribes, been hearing about it non-stop for at least a couple of months now, haha. It really does look cool. I'm not much of a PC gamer but I'm tempted.

8. tastybasslines

tastybasslines Banned

May 9, 2010
    Los Angeles, CA
    Looks like Halo basically on steroids.

9. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    Kinda, but the class system offers a lot of different play style options, depending on how you like to play shooters.

If anyone is interested in the game, hit me up, there's a referral system and I can get some bonuses if you get the game and play for a while.

10. IconBasser

IconBasser Scuba Viking Supporting Member

Feb 28, 2007
    Alta Loma, California
    I played it during the beta. Fun, but I really suck at it, so I've gone with Blacklight Retribution instead.

11. I'll check it out.

Next week, the new Counter Strike comes out. My inner high schooler is way too excited - I've had it on pre-order for a while. :D

12. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    How much does it cost?

-Mike

13. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    It's free to play, that's what F2P stands for.

14. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Oh duh, sorry. I haven't played a PC game since Ghost Recon, and Savage which I learned about from oldtime TB'er Wrong Robot.

I'll scope it out. PM me your referral link so you get credit.

-Mike

15. Tituscrow

Tituscrow Banned

Feb 14, 2011
    NW England
    Sorry to butt in fellas....what happened to that naff Obama spoof thread?

16. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    It's under there.

-Mike

17. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
  18. BoomingBass

BoomingBass

Apr 11, 2010
    I don't know if I should thank you for telling me about this, or cursing you for aiding in procrastination.

I'm trying to rack up enough experience to be the Doombringer class, because that sounds fun. I'll probably go for technician, brute, and sentinel later, too.

19. Not Mac Compatible :(

Peace,
    Greg

20. I played it for about an hour yesterday. Not digging it, honestly.

The maps are way too huge for their own good. Some of the classes are kinda fun, but not enough to keep me coming back for more. I may try to play it some more to see if I'll warm to it, but for the time being I'm going back to the beta for the new Counter Strike.