Newtone strings - any experience?

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by DECEMBER, Sep 28, 2021.

1. DECEMBER

DECEMBER

Jul 14, 2021
    I just came across this site:
    Custom Bass String Configurator – Newtone Strings
    They make completely customized strings. Stainless steel, NPS, acoustics... Round core or hex core... Wound gauges from .018 - .150, in every even numbered increment (.044, .046, .048, etc.)... Option for taper at bridge end.
    AND they can make them in ANY LENGTH! I'm super relieved and excited about this because I have not been able to find stainless steel strings for short scale bigger than .105 for drop-D.
    Has anyone used these strings before? Any feedback?
    Thank you!

2. NoiseNinja

NoiseNinja Experimental-psychedelic-ambient-noise-drone Inactive

Feb 23, 2011
    Denmark
    No, I haven't, but I too have pondered on ordering a set for my 28,6" scale Mikro Bass that I tune in F#, as in 2 half steps above regular 4 string E standard tuning, and currently use a set composed of single D'Addario nickle plated XL bass and guitar strings.

So I would be very interested in hearing peoples experience with these strings as well, more specifically to how their hex steel core nickle plated roundwound Diamond series strings compare to D'Addario nickle plated XL strings in terms of tone and tension.

3. DECEMBER

DECEMBER

Jul 14, 2021
    They replied to my email quickly! I asked for this and they said they can do it, so I will be getting my next set from them.

I have a 30.3" scale 4 string bass, 31.5" from string ball to nut, and I want stainless steel roundwounds, round core, in .110 .84 .64 .44.