1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL Offseason 2013

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SwitchGear, Mar 21, 2013.

1. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Congrats once again to the Baltimore Ravens (I started to type Colts, that seems natural) for winning the world championship in the Super Bowl #47.

Well, as most everyone knows by now WR Greg Jennings is the latest veteran FA Green Bay Packer to head west and don purple. The Pack didn't need to pay the almost 30 yo Jennings mega bucks when they have a slew of younger excellent receivers on their roster all begging for the ball.

Latest NFL rule change in the name of player safety is RB's cannot spear blockers with their helmet anymore. Man, I see games early on this fall with more than a few yellow flags flying through the air till everyone "get's it right" and figures out how to play ball again. Darn, I thought there was a running game resurgence happening this past season but now this may tilt things towards more passing and expand the college run option in offenses, rather the pounding it up the middle.

2. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Rumor has it Aaron Rodgers will be the highest paid player in the NFL and Clay Matthews will be the highest paid linebacker before the start of spring mini camps. Wait and see.

3. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Things are getting complicated between the NFL and the concussion researchers they consulted with.

-Mike

4. blastoff99

blastoff99

Dec 17, 2011
    SW WA, USA
    the truth hurts?

5. And some gay players will be coming out this season. Should be interesting.

6. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
  7. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
  8. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Lots of big boys in this years upcoming draft. It's all about beef this time.

But hey, could a defensive player be the first pick this year?

9. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Would not be surprised to see TT trade down tonight for more picks including another 2nd rounder.

10. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    TT took UCLA DE Datone Jones with the 1st round - 27th pick. I'm happy about it.

The rest of the teams in the North division are bolstering their staffs with picks designed to slow down Aaron Rodgers.

Wisconsin OL Travis Frederick was picked by the Cowboys. That was a surprise being that even Frederick himself thought he would go out in the second round.

11. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Good pick for the Pack.

Geez, Vikes get 3 in the 1st round?

12. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Pack needs big, fast and strong on defense. In the first ten weeks of the regular season they play on the road at San Fran, Baltimore and the Giants. Ouch. I still miss Reggie White.

The Bears with Lovie gone are ramping up their offense to score points to win some games.

13. sloasdaylight

sloasdaylight Banned

Feb 4, 2009
    Tampa, Florida, US
    The Colts haven't been in Baltimore for 30 years now...

14. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    I thought you were exaggerating at first. Holy crap.

15. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Just announced Green Bay signed Aaron Rodgers to a 110 million dollar contract extension over five years making him the highest paid player in the NFL, which comes at no surprise. Thats 22 million big ones per year to play ball.

Go Pack Go!

16. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Ridiculous when you think of it, but it's market price.

17. SwitchGear

SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
  18. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Best thing for Tebow is to get waived by the Jets.

-Mike

19. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
    +1. I remember the day that dysfunctional organization picked him up. I knew it wouldn't benefit his career in any way.

20. MJ5150

MJ5150 Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    Nope. It feels to me like that organization puts football second, drama first. Sanchez is not a great QB, I get that, but this has been embarrassing to watch.

I wonder if Sanchez did a "darn, lucky guy" when he saw the Tebow waived headline. :D

-Mike