1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

NFL Week 10

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by SwitchGear, Nov 6, 2013.

1. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Since MPG nor Mike has started a thread yet this week, I will get er started.

Packers have lost almost all their star players on both sides of the ball, to injury. Chip Kelly should have the Eagles ready to pounce on the wounded Green & Gold Sunday.

Having said that, I'm still going with the Pack as McCarthy will have Seneca Wallace ready in place of #12.

Pack 24
    Eagles 20

Detroit at Chicago should be a good game, Cutler or not.

2. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
    The Incognito/Martin/Miami story continues to unfold. Reports now say the Dolphins encouraged Incognito to "toughen up" Martin, but Incognito took it too far.

-Mike

3. Yeah this is pretty deep. Like we were saying, stuff like this doesn't happen without someone in a position of authority knowing about it and pretending they don't, or subtly encouraging it.

I hope this sets a trend of a bit more proactive behavior by coaches and staff. I'm usually not for babysitting grown men, but the game I love is going to hell in a handbasket, and this is part of the reason. Baby mamas and DUIs are one thing, but intimidation and mind control are something else altogether.

4. Broncos will be without head coach John Fox for at least the next few games, maybe longer. Fortunately, the Broncos have an ex-head coach in Jack Del Rio and the equivalent of an offensive coordinator in Peyton Manning. But head coaches bring a lot of intangibles like clock management, challenge flags, decision making, game planning and assessment, etc. No matter how you slice it, this is a set back for Denver, and with the toughest part of their schedule ahead.

5. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
  6. tangentmusic

tangentmusic A figment of our exaggeration

Aug 17, 2007
    Reno/Tahoe
    Agreed... but with Peyton basically audiblizing (is that a word?) every offensive play and really being good with clock management, the offense should be fine. Gase is a competent OC & should develop good game plans with Manning's input. Del Rio just needs to concentrate on getting the most out of the D. Hope Del Rio doesn't get stretched too thin.. Maybe get Elway out of the luxury suite & suit and spend the games down on the sidelines for more coach-like input..

7. Good points, especially this. He's just starting to get his D back on track.

It couldn't hurt.

8. SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
  9. GregC

GregC Johnny and Joe Gold Supporting Member

Jan 19, 2007
    Chicago
  10. fisticuffs

fisticuffs Commercial User

May 3, 2011
    Madison, WI
    C'mon. This is pure fantasy but admit it, you'd be glued to the TV.

11. phantomfiddler

phantomfiddler

Oct 7, 2013
    I really wish Matt Flynn hadn't jumped ship the way he did. I dont blame him for jumping at the chance to be a starting quarterback as he would never have had that chance here, i just really wish he'd waited it out a bit. If Rodger's shoulder injury is serious, we're in very deep trouble with Seneca Wallace at the helm.

12. You know it. It would be like broadcasting a live execution, huge for ratings, though not very humane.

13. MJ5150

MJ5150 Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Apr 12, 2001
    Olympia, WA
  14. SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Must be a pretty good reason Flynn gets booted everywhere he goes. Perhaps a nagging injury preventing him from playing at a high enough level or something.

Wonder if Favre would have continued to play back in the day with a fractured collar bone.

15. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    My beloved Packers will be lucky to win a game until AR returns. Seneca Wallace was absolutely putrid against the bears. He wasnt good enough to keep the Browns job. He sure as hell can't play for the Packers

16. SwitchGear

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    I read Seneca only got 'round five snaps per day with the ones in practices, rest of the time he worked with twos & threes. Sundays game will show how he performs with a weeks worth practice with the ones. Crossing my fingers. We know Philly is coming full talons out to wup the wounded Pack.

17. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
    Wallace used to be a backup here in Seattle. He could run pretty well back then.

He wasn't much of a passer though and age has probably slowed him down quite a bit. Sorry that's who GB has to work with.

18. NWB

NWB

Apr 30, 2008
    Kirkland, WA
  19. I'm suddenly very keen on watching the Carolina/San Fran game. Two teams on a roll, determined to capitalize on the second half of the season and prep for a playoff berth.