1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NFL Week #19 the Playoffs - Divisional Round

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by mrpackerguy, Jan 8, 2012.

1. mrpackerguy

mrpackerguy Supporting Member

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    Pack over Giants
    No over San Fran

New England over Denver
    Balt over Houston

And then there'll be 4.

2. bassman314

bassman314 I seem to be a verb, an evolutionary process...

Mar 13, 2005
    Bay Area, CA
    I was about to start the thread!

Niners > Saints
    Pack > Giants

Ravens > Texans
    New England > Denver

I'd like to see Denver win, and I'll be rooting for them, but they've already been handily beaten by the Patriots this season.

3. pacojas

pacojas "FYYA BUN"

Oct 11, 2009
    MEXICANADAMERICA
    Giants -38
    Packers-35

yunk, yunk,... :cool:

4. Houston 20
    Ravens 17

5. SwitchGear

SwitchGear Gold Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2005
    Wisconsin
    Packers over the Giants

9'ers over the Saints

6. fmoore200

fmoore200

Mar 22, 2011
    NYC
    you're gonna go with san fran over nola, but not the g-men over the pack???? not a betting man, eh?:confused:

7. Took the words outta my mouth

8. Saints over 49ers
    Giants over Packers (they damn near beat 'em in week 13, the Giants are a better team now, the Packers...aren't...)

Patriots over Broncos
    Ravens over Texans (but I'll be pullin' for the Texans)

9. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Supporting Member

I'm thinking Packers over Giants by a field goal. But then, I've never liked the Giants very much.

10. Ripper

Ripper

Aug 16, 2005
    NY/NC
    I'm gonna go with

Pack
    San Fran

And in the AFC its tougher. I want to see the Texans win. I also want to see the Pats* lose. However, I don't think that NE will get caught sleeping as bad as Pitt did today, and Yates is going to have a tough time against Baltimore.

11. cheezewiz

cheezewiz Supporting Member

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Packers
    Niners
    Pats
    Ravens

Saints are due for one of the Seahawks, Rams, etc. type games.

12. Nope. It's the Packers turn for that one...well, and the Failclowns had one yesterday as well. ;)

13. jarrydee

jarrydee

Oct 22, 2011
    Michigan
    even though they lost I have to say, My Lions did very good this season, I have been a fan all through the bad years...looking forwards to next season! :bassist:

14. Packers
    Saints
    Ravens
    Patriots

15. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    I think we're going to get the question answered of whether the super-potent offenses (Green Bay, Saints, New England) can continue to win with below average to bad defenses. You've got 3 teams still alive with top-flight defenses (Baltimore, San Fran, Houston) and you have 5 teams with average to below average to bad defenses (Pack, Saints, Giants,New England, Denver). I'd have to say the Giants and Denver's defense is turning it on, while the others are either giving up a lot of points, or too many big plays. Should be interesting and fun weekend next weekend.

16. mrpackerguy

Jul 3, 2004
    Madison, Wisconsin
    What scares me about the Pack-Giants game, is that they remind me of last year's Packers - getting hot at the right moment and with a healthy D. I happen to catch an NFL Network interview with Justin Tuck last night - what a well spoken guy and hard not to like him. That said, the Giants have not shown the consistency during the season, again somewhat like last year's Pack. It's going to be a close game I think, just as the last meeting was. But if the packers lose, it will be because of the Giant's D preventing Rodgers and the offense from getting big plays due to pressure on Rodgers, and the Packer's D giving up lots of 3rd down conversions, and enough big plays (it's MO all season) to give the Giants the win. The ONLY thing tilting this to a Packers win for me is the Lambeau advantage.

17. Bass_Thumper

Bass_Thumper

Oct 20, 2009
    Madison, MS
    No doubt, they had a great year and will be a monster in the next couple of years.

As for my picks,

Saints
    Giants
    Patriots
    Texans

18. Props to the Lions, great season, and a lot of potential going forward. Glad to see their fans getting rewarded for sticking with them over all the years of just awful football....

19. Patriots
    Ravens
    Packers
    Saints

20. We're close...except I'm taking

SF > NO
    GB > NY...though it will be a close one!

NE > DE...please end this nonsense
    BA > HO