Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Nice - Schecter Stiletto Exotic

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by fourstringdrums, Apr 8, 2005.

1. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
  2. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    I've got the Schecter Stiletto Elite-4 in Red. The stock pickups were bad, but I replaced them with EMG 35J's. Let me tell you, this is one incredible bass. It's got a really nice, fast neck with just enough mass. Nice string-thru design, and it's very ergonomic. I really hope I can switch it with this Exotic one. Zebrawood makes me :D .

-Eric.

EDIT: I haven't been able to find any of those for sale. :crying:

3. fourstringdrums

fourstringdrums Decidedly Indecisive Supporting Member

Oct 20, 2002
    San Antonio
    I had one many basses ago. Nice bass although I found that the neck was pretty flexy and not that stable.

4. EricTheEZ1

EricTheEZ1

Nov 23, 2004
    Clawson, MI
    That's odd. I've never had a single problem with my bass. Especially not with the neck. I really do think I got a good one. Mine has no dead spots and a better sounding/playing neck then some others I picked up and played for the heck of it.

-Eric.

5. muzlblst

muzlblst

Apr 13, 2005
    schecter custom elite 4 kicks a-- :hyper: :hyper: :bassist: and i played it against the music man stingray and bongo and lakeland and spector and i was able to get alot of really diferant tones out of it and i kept coming back to it till i bought it.it just blew the others away.
    take off the top pickup and really nice jazz tone /a little combo with mostly bottem and 1/2 top ,great slap ,,all the way open big and full.with new strings it gets really treblely wide open, and you must tame it down with eq,np..its the best action i have ever played,and i have searched for low action bass.
    overdiven its got really ballsy growl
    get this bass in neck thru and with the emgs,not the schector pickups,,,i played the one with the schector pickups and its didnt compare to the emgs/////omfg!!!!!