1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

no sound from wireless

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by zephoria, Jun 17, 2007.

1. zephoria

zephoria

Oct 26, 2006
    Waco, Texas
    ok, i absolutely LOVE my sennheiser ew100g2 wireless system. i was using it thursday at a gig for our youth group. we were playing a gig downtown here in abilene called artwalk, very cool. i was playing guitar and not bass for this one, i ran my wireless directly to our soundboard using the xlr out. now when i try to use the wireless through the quarter out i get no sound, but i do get sound using the xlr still. coincidentally when i have an xlr out to our board and the quarter out to my amp it works on both xlr and quarter. so in other words the only time the quarter works is when an xlr is plugged in as well. any suggetions.

2. Johnny Crab

Johnny Crab HELIX user & BOSE Abuser

Feb 11, 2004
    Texas
    Do you have the manual?
    If not, they do post them on their site.

Someone may have messed with the output programming(if that's even possible?!).

The other thing you can do is call Sennheiser directly tomorrow. Ask for tech support for your unit.
    http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/mat_dev/eclipse/email/email-menu-new.asp
    They were fine with explaining the frequency selection process to me(receiver type depending on where you use the thing). Their technical support seems to not be outsourced so you will talk to a human who actually speaks in an accent you can understand and they'll understand you. I would do that for sure.

It's not a toll free number so be prepared to burn some cell phone or home phone minutes.

3. zephoria

zephoria

Oct 26, 2006
    Waco, Texas
    well i do have the manual and it is not a frequency problem, i would think since i have perfect sound coming out of the xlr output of the unit. it is full quieting in fact. i reset both the transmitter and receiver and removed the pilot tone from both as well. my main problem is the 1/4" output from the unit. unless it is a simple fix i think i am going to have to send it in for repair and that takes $ as well as time, which i dont have a lot of either. thanks.

4. zephoria

zephoria

Oct 26, 2006
    Waco, Texas
    ok, just one more reason why sennheiser is a great company. i just got off the phone with them, not only were they english speaking, apple pie eating americans that answered the phone, but they were extremely nice and helpful!!! however they said that my unit needed repair. the good news about that is that all repairs to that unit cost $70. cant beat that, especially since it cost me 200 bucks to get my cheap compressor fixed (then i had to buy a new power supply just after cause my dog ate it). so i will send it in after my month of gigs in july. i can live with out it after that. they said that it would be ok if i used it through xlr and both xlr and 1/4 at the same time. the down side is that i will have to carry another piece of equipment around with me until it is fixed, but i am just glad that it can be fixed, inexpensivly!

thanks for your help man, youre cool!

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 16, 2021