Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NOISY J-PICKUP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by E.J. T.N.T., Nov 13, 2005.

1. :help: I know that j-pickups are kinda noisy due to their single coil construction,but for some reason mine(a duncan bassline quarterpound bridge position) got even more noisy and it's brand new(not only on the bass but itself;it was shipped from duncan 3months ago)Here's how it's wired if you see somthing wrong here please let me know.There are 2 pickups on my bass a p-style(duncan bassline quarterpound precision)and the j.I used 500k pots for more control on volume and tone,and .01 capacitor on the tone pot for the same reason.The wires and pots are ok(quality and condition)as well as the soldered joints.The wiring is exactly the same suggested on the site (www.seymourduncan.com/support/schematics/p-j_bass.html)in addition that the grounded wires are bridged for an even more silent signal.I triple checked everything but they're good.Could someone give me some help :help:

2. Turned out that the pickup was picking up noise from a PC screen that was not previously in the practice area and was on while playing.DOH! :meh: