1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Noooooooooooo!!!!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Broadstbully22, Jan 13, 2012.

1. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    My new bass got chipped at tonights gig. Ruined the whole night tonight. Only three weeks old, aaaahhhhhhhh. Lol. I guess it gives it character. Stupid drummer. lol.

2. 600 Ohms

600 Ohms

Jan 4, 2012
    A friend always gets his new instrument home and on the first night, he drops it on the floor. Never worries about them after that.

It's christened now:D

3. BrBss

BrBss Supporting Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Albuquerque NM
    The first chip is the best event in the relationship between you and your bass- now there's no reason to baby it, and you can play it all you want without worrying. At least that's how I always am with new basses.

4. Did you get that feeling in the pit of your gut for a second like your world was coming to an end? :D

5. Broadstbully22

Broadstbully22

Dec 5, 2011
    I felt like a proud dad and a overly concerned parent at the same time.

6. Sort of like the first scratch on your new car. Once that happens the new car smell is gone.
    Weird, I too dinged my latest bass 5 mins out of the box. My elation at having a new, flawless bass was short lived. A year later, and there is still only that one ding.

7. Evil Undead

Evil Undead

Oct 31, 2009
    I'm careful with my basses but still manage to bash them on something within minutes of owning them.

Now you can get on and enjoy playing it :)

8. monkeyking

monkeyking

Feb 6, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You don't own it 'til you injure it...

9. I kinda like 'em beat up. Not on purpose though.

10. Congratulations. Nothing to worry about now

11. Abaroa

Abaroa

Apr 27, 2010
    Mexico
    ...yes, but that's when the mojo starts!

12. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    Why does "mojo", (especially purposely "created"), only apply to basses?
    I've never seen anyone pleased about scraping their new Ferrari on the garage wall, or that first wine-stain on the new carpet.
    Just curious.

13. beuoy

beuoy

Aug 31, 2008
    Indianapolis
    I prefer my stuff pre-dinged. Seems to take a chunk off the price too....

14. Abaroa

Abaroa

Apr 27, 2010
    Mexico
    No, it does not: Leather jackets, cookware, sneakers, vintage cars, jeans, tools, weapons... There is lot of stuff to which people attribute mojo to... Ever heard of a lucky coin?... I don't believe on it, but was trying to make the OP feel better...

15. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    Fair enough!
    I'm totally the opposite - OCD levels about any new gear, which is just as bad, if not worse. perhaps I need therapy, but I could NEVER throw a new Sad on the floor and say to myself "Well, that's got that over with, now let's get on with playing it!"
    I'd rather sprain my ankle or something - at least that's going to get better.

16. Darkstrike

Darkstrike Return Of The King!

Sep 14, 2007
    ^^^^ This, I don't even count them as mine until they get a mark or ding.

17. Abaroa

Abaroa

Apr 27, 2010
    Mexico
    ...yeah... I can't even get myself to put stickers on my new stuff... But then again, things are meant to be used and use takes its toll...

18. oldprussians

oldprussians

Jan 7, 2008
    United Republic of Europe
    IT Professional!
    I hope you broke the Drummers nose.......:smug:

Only kidding!

19. grisezd

grisezd

Oct 14, 2009
    Ohio
    I personally think it would be great to have (be able to afford) a new Ferrari, thunk a dent in a fender, then sand and primer that area. Just drive it like that. And maybe stop by the Home Depot, buy a few 2x4s and strap them to the roof.

Mike Nesmith of the Monkeys said on an interview show that he wanted to buy a Rolls Royce, put mag wheels on it, park it on the side of the freeway and just stand next to it watching the people.

20. dj5

dj5

Sep 17, 2009
    England
    Or just drive one into a swimming pool, and leave it there.
    But he WAS mental. And cool.