Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

nothingface

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by sic_bassist, Oct 7, 2003.

1. nothingface is a kick ass metal band, and their bassist is kool. i just cant find a website or ne thing to get more info on the bassist and band for that matter. ne info will be good. it also says that nothingface.com doesnt exist.

2. Lackey

Lackey

May 10, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Hmm, not familiar with their stuff, but maybe I'll check them out.

...For you,, go check out Michael Manring www.manthing.com, if you haven't heard him already. His work with Attention Deficit is in the prog rock ballpark, you might like it...

3. MyNameIsMUD

MyNameIsMUD

Sep 25, 2003
    I dont know much about there basses but I think nothingface is a kickass band. I cant wait to see'm live. :)

4. Here's some info from allmusic.com.

The alternative metal outfit Nothingface formed in 1995 in Washington, D.C. Frontman Matt Holt, guitarist Tom Maxwell, bassist Bill Gaal, and drummer Chris Houck made riveting, gnarling hard rock intertwined with heavy melodies and a brash punk rock sound. After two releases for DCide, 1997's Pacifier and 1998's An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity, Nothingface made their major-label debut on TVT Records with 2000's Violence. After the album was completed, Houck was replaced by Tommy Sickles, and in early 2001, Bill Gaal left the band in search of a career in record production and engineering. Former Deadlights bassist Jerry Montano stepped in to resume bass playing duties.

[​IMG]

Albums available:
    1997-Pacifier

1998-An Audio Guide to Everyday Atrocity

2000- Violence

2003-Skeletons

2003- NothingFace

You can purchase these at:

Barnes and Noble

;) Treena

5. Joe Turski

Joe Turski

Jul 29, 2003
    Connecticut
    m
    Very, very cool people if you ever get the chance to meet them!!! :cool:

I love "Pacifier" great disc!

6. Everyone seems to like them these days...I never got into them myself.

7. Josh Ryan

Josh Ryan - that dog won't hunt, Monsignor. Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 24, 2001
  8. bentem

bentem

Oct 18, 2002
    Rockville, MD
    My friends brother plays drums for them, i havent heard any of their music though.