1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

NPD - Guyatone Flip Vintage Tremolo VT-X

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Kriegs, May 18, 2018.

1. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Check this one off my GAS list! :hyper: Full of tubey goodness drool

gvr7qkf30k2rkmqzfo9n.

2. gregmon79

gregmon79 I did it for the muff... Supporting Member

Dec 20, 2012
    Chicago IL
    Always wanted to try this one. Mainly because of Justin chancellor. But it sure sounds good too.

cataract, hisdudeness and Kriegs like this.
  3. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    I liked the sound of this pedal in all of clips that I'd heard on the internet enough to push me to find one of these to buy.

Once I got it home, I was amazed at how this sounded through my own setup. When I started combining it with the other effects in my chain... WOW! drool

I was blown away by what adding tremolo did to the already awesome sound that I get with a bit of OD or fuzz and my Boss PH-3 Phase Shifter!

This is one of those long shots that paid off :bassist::hyper:

cataract likes this.
  4. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    Heck yeah, what a great pedal. Definitely my favorite modulation, the tube really does add a bit of subtle warmth.
    Mine’s beat to poopie but it sounds fantastic. Actually been thinking of moving it in the classifieds but I’m too torn.
    957677F9-5D4B-4ACF-B68D-8A9365F60779.

Kriegs likes this.
  5. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    I've only had mine a few days but I will not be getting rid of it. I searched for the better part of a year for a tremolo that sounded that way that I liked and after playing, literally, dozens of pedals I never found one that sounded like the clips that I heard of this one. Like I said, this is one of those rare longshots that really paid off and I'm not going to get rid of this like I did my Boss HM-2 from the 80's (bought NIB in 84') :banghead:

cataract likes this.
  6. bongomania

bongomania Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Oct 17, 2005
    PDX, OR
    owner, OVNIFX and OVNILabs
    Yep, one of my favorite tremolos.

Kriegs and cataract like this.
  7. cataract

cataract Supporting Member

Feb 14, 2007
    Richmond, VA
    I got mine as part of a trade deal a few months ago, and it’s truly great- unfortunately my need for modulation (even the most perfect modulation) is at zero right now, so mine’s up for grabs in the classifieds.
    I was running mine towards the end of my chain, giving things a nice warmth with most of the trem & speed dialed down.. This thing really is super versatile and definitely the first trem I ever meshed with fully, like you said.

Kriegs likes this.
  8. Kriegs

Kriegs Peace

Feb 14, 2018
    MA/ RI area
    Dang! I wish you'd listed that last Friday! Then I could have given my money to a TBer instead of some random Reverber :(

GLWTS! Someone is going to be very happily modulating like a mofo soon :thumbsup:

cataract likes this.