1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Nuts and radius?

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Deano Destructo, Oct 1, 2003.

1. Deano Destructo

Deano Destructo Fender & Upton addict. Hasn't slept since 1979. Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Seattle, WA.
    I've got a 20 year old G&L l-2000 I'm looking to replace the nut on. The neck is a #5 which according to G&L has a 7 1/2" radius and a width of 1 3/4" at the nut. Musicians friend offers a pre-slotted nut for a p-bass with the same width but the radius is 9". Are these interchangable? If not any ideas where I can find one that will fit thats already been slotted?:confused:

2. No they are not interchangable but you can go to
    http://www.allparts.com/

Click on search catalog and then click Bass nuts.

BN 2210-023
    $12.00

Black Plastic Slotted Nuts for Bass (10 Pieces) 1-5/8" x 1/8
    [​IMG]

;) Treena

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Mar 1, 2021