Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NV610 Discontinued

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TrooperFarva, Jan 27, 2006.

1. TrooperFarva

TrooperFarva

Nov 25, 2004
    New City, NY
    I e-mailed BassNW for a price on the NV610 this morning, I got this response

"Thanks for the e-mail. Please be aware that Bergantino has just discontinued the NV610 model and there are only a couple of them left for sale at this time."

And then some other stuff like pricing and all that. Well this certainly sucks.

2. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Wrong. The NV425 and NV215 are discontinued. The NV610 has not been. Check the Bergantino website products page.

3. tombowlus

tombowlus If it sounds good, it is good Gold Supporting Member

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    Editor-in-Chief, Bass Gear Magazine
    But, sadly, the NV610 will also be discontinued. It's just not officially off the webpage yet. :crying:

4. pickles

pickles Supporting Member

Mar 23, 2000
    Ventura, CA
    Does Jim just get bored with designs or what? Seems like that cab has some serious fans.

5. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    :bawl: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. msquared

msquared

Sep 19, 2004
    Kansas City
    Wow. I'm going to cuddle mine when I get home. I guess you have to go with what sells and all but that's some rotten news.

7. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    what the...?

I'm gonna be honest. I don't get it. I'm sure there is good reasoning behind the decision; but...

I just don't get it.

8. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    I think it boils down to sales. The NV line apparently did not sell as much as the HT line. It's kind of a shame, for sure.

Tom.

9. metron

metron Fluffy does not agree

Sep 12, 2003
    Lakewood Colorado
    but then most of the HT line was also discontinued. whats left but the IP cabs and HT/EX112? i doubt the IPs are going to sell in large volume. i would have guessed that keeping at least the 610 in the line was a good idea but i dont know much! :)

10. Matt Call

Matt Call Supporting Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Minneapolis, MN
    I didn't think about the sadowsky/berg. cabs either. Could those could be "replacing" the nv610?

I really don't know. Either way, I've never played a Bergantino product I didn't like. It really is a shame though.

(EDIT)Either way, I think it's pretty safe to say that Jim Bergantino has a pretty solid head on his shoulders. He knows what he's doing.

11. GRoberts

GRoberts Supporting Member

Jan 7, 2003
    Tucson, AZ USA
    Very surprising considering how highly regarded the NV610 is.

That said, business may have dictated that no matter how well the cabinet is received, other cabinets probably sell in much higher volumes. (HT/EX112's, HT322. 210S, the new IP line of cabinets etc)

While there is a place in the world for a Vintage style cabinets with no tweeters, I for one, still prefer having a tweeter that I can either use or turn off.

I am currently saving my pennies for an IP112. I have a feeling that will be the ultimate, gig and 'back' friendly holy grail.

12. I saw this thread's title, and shed a tear on my laptop :crying:

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl: :bawl:

13. It is always possible that Jim will bring them back into his offerings at another time. He's just concentrating on the IP stuff right now.

I am very happy that I bought my NV when I had the chance though...

Jeff

14. McHack

McHack

Jul 29, 2003
    Central Ohio!
    Noooooooooo......

15. tombowlus

Apr 3, 2003
    North central Ohio
    As I said, if people really clamoured to Jim about not doing away with this line (and if more people bought them), we might be able to talk him into keeping them around. This is my personal plot to force him into continuing to offer these cabs to us - the few, the proud, the NV-lovers! :D

16. cheezewiz

cheezewiz

Mar 27, 2002
    Ohio
    Yo Jim,

Keepa makin da NV. Capiche? Piasan?

Uncle Cheezwizio

17. Fuzzbass

Fuzzbass P5 with overdrive Supporting Member

I'm never getting rid of mine. I love it! :bassist:

18. You're not alone: I've needled at Jim with Emails a few times also.

19. IMHO, Jim should ( I dont know his reasoning or his opinion on this I just think this would work out better) still produce the NV series based on demand. If a person emails him, calls him, or talks to him and specifically says they want a certain cab from the NV series, it would be really cool if he could make one of them on order with a serious (80% or so) downpayment so he doesn't get screwed over.

I just think that would make sense...

He is an amazingly nice guy though, just remember he is a business man too, so whatever makes money, I say he should do. I support him with his decision on whatever he does (until I actually try to get a NV425 and cant which will come in about a month).

I do have much respect for the man. He can do whatever he feels like doing, he is the cabinet god after all...:bassist:

20. vroc38

vroc38 Supporting Member

Jan 5, 2006
    Seattle
    I spoke with Jim about this before buying my NV610 a couple weeks ago. He said that he's making another run of NV610s that should be available in a couple weeks, and would make more throughout the year as dictated by demand. Did he change his mind since then?