Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

NYC Musicians, Ahoy!

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by LimpChunk9, Apr 19, 2004.

1. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    I'll be frank. I live in the Bronx and I love music. The itch has grown unbearable. I'm nineteen years old, but many of the kids here are just so immature, these people are not what I'm looking for. There's a bigger rock/punk scene in the Bronx than you'd think.

I don't want to go into too much depth or detail on such a subject. I'm not quite sure what I'm trying to get out of this topic, but perhaps all us New Yawk folk can just let each other know we exist.

I'd love to be in a band, I dream about it constantly. I'm willing to drop out of college, spend all of money, whatever it takes. Just to play and be happy, just the thought brings a smile to my face.

To summarize, my name is Will. I've been playing bass guitar for a little more than three years. As I said, I'm nineteen and live in the Bronx. I'd be interested in playing in any sort of rock, or punk, or emo band. Just to note, my favorite band is the Bouncing Souls. Maybe all of New Yorkers can post very general information about ourselves. Then we can form groups or gatherings. Who knows. All I know is that I want to play.

2. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    do a search for NYC... your answers are at your finger tips.....

welcome frankly will....

3. LimpChunk9

LimpChunk9

May 8, 2001
    Bronx, NY
    Where and how could I search? The Bronx is pretty much down and out when it comes to people in which I could successfully play with. I look in the New York Times, Daily News, and New York Post but there is hardly anything worth looking for. I pick up the Village Voice when I can and there hasn't been anything of value.

I do know that websites exist in which information of ones self can be posted and all musicians can search for it based on location. I joined a few but lost all of the webdresses when I bought a new hard drive.

Heck, I think I'm resorting to playing guitar with a friend to **** around. Note that I like playing guitar, but I merely see that as just a simple hobbie. I truly enjoy playing bass and know that I will for the rest of my life.

4. BustinJustin

BustinJustin banned

Sep 12, 2003
    NYC, LI too
    There is a search function on the top tool bar of this forum. We are having an NYC get together soon. I hope you'll be there.

5. JehuJava

JehuJava Bass Frequency Technician

Oct 15, 2002
    Oakland, CA