Odd dream last night...

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by jobu3, Jun 22, 2004.

1. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    I dreamt that I had an SWR SM-900 and it was fantastic... This kind of left me gassing for one all day at work. I don't quite think I'm really going to give up my iAmp 800 any time soon, but still it's funny how these obsessions start... :rollno:
  2. Haha, must be a sign. ;)
  3. jobu3

jobu3 Artist formerly known as Big Joe

Feb 17, 2002
    Mountain Top, PA
    It was kind of like one of those "intimate" dreams where you see someone you've known (a co-worker or friend, etc.) for a long time in a whole different light and can't get them out of your head from there on out... I'm gonna have a bee in my bonnet over this one, I can feel it... :meh: :scowl:
  4. inazone

Apr 20, 2003
    lmao, ya know, I have the same feeling about that amp. Ive tried it, it wasnt for me, but I still want one for some reason.
  5. kobass

kobass Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2003
    Outside Boston
    G.A.S. during sleep? Dammit, man get a hold of yourself! ;)
  6. Nick man

Nick man

Apr 7, 2002
    Tampa Bay
    I had a dream I was playing a Benavente 51.

It was huge though and I could barely play it.
  7. In your dream, did you play for 30 minutes, have it overheat and go into thermal shutdown for awhile? No? Then it was definitely just a dream.

No offense to '900 owners, I may have just had 2 bad units....one bought in Phoenix....exchanged for another in San Diego after the 3rd catastrophe 6 months later...and that one returned a month later after shutting down twice.

They're amazing studio preamps, though. :meh: Just lose the 900 lb boat anchor of an amp, hook it up to a mixer, and you're good to go.