1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Odd technique I discovered

Discussion in 'Technique [BG]' started by Dexterzol, Sep 8, 2019.

1. Dexterzol

Dexterzol

Apr 11, 2019
    Sweden
    So, I've recently taught myself this really funky sounding technique, and I thought I'd share it, at least a bit. I don't know who else has done this. But here goes-

You take a bass using FRESH strings, put your finger on the TWELFTH fret on E-string. Tap the harmonics on the string about 2-3 frets below or more, and while doing this, aggressively wiggle/bend the 12th fret with your left hand.

The result should be a very hollow, odd-sounding effect, almost like a bent note in a glass bottle. Obviously this doesn't have very much conventional use, but it's an interesting thing to try

2. Les Fret

Les Fret

Sep 9, 2009
    Any video of that?

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Feb 27, 2021