1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by RoadRanger, Apr 13, 2018.

1. RoadRanger

RoadRanger Supporting Member

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Hey, they gave up on issuing numbers eight years ago at #195 I think so we'll start back up at #200 :cool:
    Official Aguilar Club - part 4

I'll go first. My #1 amp is an Aguilar TH-350. I don't own any of their cabs as I already own too many LOL but I hear they are killer too. OTOH it sounds great through any cab - or even as just a DI :thumbsup:.

So who wants to be member #201 :)?

Full members list always available here in case I croak :wideyed::

Dropbox - AG.txt

Last edited: Apr 14, 2018
    renobassman likes this.
  2. I do.

Tone Hammer 500 and 2 GS112's here.

[​IMG]

renobassman likes this.
  3. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "McBassHead" ! You are Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club member number 201 :) .

4. renobassman

renobassman

Jul 27, 2011
    Tennessee
    Have an AG 700 coming in this afternoon! I do already have a Tonehammer pedal, though, so maybe that's good enough to join until I officially get my new amp :D

5. Thanks pal!

6. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "renobassman" ! You are Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club member number 202 :) .

7. FunWithBass

FunWithBass Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    I have a Tone Hammer 500 and one SL112.

8. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "FunWithBass" ! You are Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club member number 203 :) .

I usually bring a pair of 12's or 15's just because I have them - but they can get stoopid loud. How does that single 12 hold up against a rock band? :)

9. FunWithBass

FunWithBass Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2013
    Virginia, USA
    I bought that set up used and hesitated too long to buy two SL112s (someone else bought the second SL112). I also was not sure if I would like the the sound of the SL112 and did not want to double down on something I had not heard in person. Plus I would have a harder time justifying the second cab purchase to my wife. :) I also did not have room for another cab at the moment. Maybe another time. So many cabs to choose from ...

It is loud enough for playing with a worship team in a chuch with acoustic drums. But I am not sure if you add electric guitar with a big amp. It sounds plenty loud for my purposes. Did pair it up with a second cab (a GK 1x15) to see what 500 watts could do and it was impressive. I did not try it long since my neighbors might object (and the GK cab was not rated for the extra watts).

Thanks for the number!

RoadRanger likes this.
  10. Garret Graves

Garret Graves website- ggravesmusic.com Gold Supporting Member

May 20, 2010
    Arcadia, Ca
    Ill take a number! I have a Db751, Tonehammer 500, 2 DB112 cabs and numerous pedals! Love Aguilar

11. Long time Aguilar user. Still using my 2003 DB750, the greatest bass amp ever made, in my opinion. It has performed without a glitch in some really rough situations. Bad power, outdoors for hours in the Florida sun and thunderstorms. Amazing amp.

My old GS112 cabs are still my main go to speakers. I use one with a Tonehammer 500 most of the time now. That tiny rig puts out without PA support on large stages and outdoors enough to hang with drums and guitars. Along with those, I have three DB112 cabs, a DB410 and a GS412. For me, the GS412 with the DB750 is pure perfection! I also have an AG500sc which I use for a different flavor.

I also use a Filter Twin pedal and I have one of the early preamp pedals they made back in the day.

I only wish I had grabbed some of those early all tube Alex Aguilar designed amps/preamps.

DSCN0453.JPG

Garret Graves and McBassHead like this.
  12. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    No worries, RoadRanger. We've all missed stuff. Maybe you could volunteer to figure out where the club numbers left off and take over the task of giving them out (assuming no one else is currently doing that). Newer Aguilar owners might appreciate that. :)

M. M.

13. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Here's the post where the guy gave up with the numbers:
    OAC III - Official Aguilar Club
    Almost 8 years ago :wideyed:.
    Last number seems to have been 195 so start over at 200? :cool:

14. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "Garret Graves" ! You are Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club member number 204 :) .

Garret Graves likes this.
  15. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "JMarkD" ! You are Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club member number 205 :) .

16. 20180309_193426.
    My Aggy gear. Top stuff!

Spaceman Ian and Garret Graves like this.
  17. blowinblue

blowinblue Blue in name only. Supporting Member

Nov 29, 2006
    SoCal USA
    I'd check again and then start at 196, but that's just me. I have a touch of OCD. Lol. Whatever you decide, folks will be grateful for your volunteer spirit. :thumbsup:

M. M.

18. RoadRanger

Feb 18, 2004
    NE CT
    Welcome "rodl2005" ! You are Official Aguilar Owners Numbers Club member number 206 :) .

rodl2005 likes this.
  19. Celiovmota

Celiovmota

Oct 16, 2016
    Santo Domingo
    I proudly Aguilar Rig. have a full rig two Aguilar SL112 and Tone Hammer 500
    TOP GEAR!!

RoadRanger likes this.