1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

oh those silly Drummers

Discussion in 'Bass Humor & Gig Stories [BG]' started by Randyt, Dec 29, 2011.

1. Randyt

Randyt RAAPT Custom Wood Productions

Jul 21, 2010
    Barrie, Canada
    I was at Band rehersal the other night, (ealier in the day I had a bass lesson.) I had opened up my case and some of my sheet music fell out...(" I have been studing and playing Bach Cello Suites for many years")...Norm...(Drummer) says"...I didnt know you were into Skid Row"?

Ah...Drummers...what can you say!!

Attached Files:

2. It was prolly referencing something else with a Skid......

even more disturbing

3. Speaking as a drummer....*facepalm*:D

4. Sneakypete

Sneakypete

Jul 22, 2009
    Has anyone ever said something really stupid TO their drummer, though? I did as we were loading out after a rehearsal last week and talking about what we'd be practicing over the Christmas break.
    Me; Now (Santana's) Smooth is on the setlist I'll try to get the bass part nailed by next rehearsal.
    Him; I'm going to work on Bullet by Creed.
    Me; What, you have to learn drum parts?
    Could have bitten my tongue off - he's a really good drummer and I'd always thought that with his natural talent he just improvised rather than learn the original drum part. there's probably a drum forum somewhere where they say "Bass-players - sigh!"

5. There is, and I'm a member of it. :p

6. StuartV

StuartV Finally figuring out what I really like Supporting Member

Jul 27, 2006
    Manassas, VA
    Me, too... ;)

7. Sugar Lime Bass

Sugar Lime Bass

Aug 1, 2011
    My favorite drummer moment: When I was first starting out my band played a party at a residence - after the show when we were loading out, the drummer sat on his large and heavy trap case (with wheels & loaded with hardware) at the top of a steep driveway and said, "Watch this!" - he quickly lost control as it sped down the incline straight towards the side of his truck parked at the bottom. "KABOOM!" -- Him thrown into the bed of the truck now with a huge dent on the side, me laughy uncontrollably. To this day "watch this" still gets me excited for some hilarious hijinks.

8. Count_Blah

Count_Blah

Jul 5, 2011
    Around here an action like that is prefaced with the phrase "Hey, hold my beer"