1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Ok you have $2,000 to spend...

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by countrybass5, Jun 12, 2018.

1. What bass would you buy...model,color,etc.?

2. I would buy a late 70s Yamaha BB1000 tobacco burst or BB800 black and pocket the $1500 or $1600 I'd have left over.

3. Burwabit

Burwabit Likes guitars that tune good and firm feelin women Supporting Member

Apr 4, 2011
    Lubbock, TX
    Since I already have a used Sadowsky Metro, I’ll go with an AVRI 63 P in Sonic Blue.

4. SteveC

SteveC Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Nov 12, 2004
    North Dakota
    Another Roscoe probably...

TrevorOfDoom, RobertUI, oren and 4 others like this.
  5. TrustRod

TrustRod

Mar 13, 2016
    I would buy 2 used 5 strings. 1 a Jazz style and one a MM style. I'd do a bit of modding, Hipshot ultralites, P pickup on the MM. Then deposit $1200 in my ROTH.

IamGroot and DrummerwStrings like this.
  6. Bassist Jay

Bassist Jay

Dec 28, 2009
    Sterling, CO.
    A used Sadowsky Metro or another one I am really wanting bad and have since they were released is a Fender Select Precision bass. I don’t know if $2k would buy one or not but if possible, I would love a used Nordstrand bass. I have told Carey Nordstrand that if he decides to build basses again to add me to the list. I love the pickups he builds and use them exclusively in my guitars and basses but have wanted a Nordstrand bass for years!

Mister Boh likes this.
  7. Clipped

Clipped

Aug 9, 2014
    Pennsylvania
    MM Cutlass. Red (because color matters).

8. I am surprised no one said Fender.

9. I would love to try a Roscoe...

10. Rumbledore

Rumbledore Gold Supporting Member

Jun 2, 2018
    So. Cal
    nothing on my list is that cheap :crying:

bebi, five7, ialma and 8 others like this.
  11. HELLonWHEELS

HELLonWHEELS Supporting Member

Jun 13, 2005
    Houston
    Warwick NT 5

Best value would be a vintage Fender P or J. I think 2 grand can get you something from the 70s.

darkinners and Bruiser Stone like this.
  12. bonin in the boneyard

bonin in the boneyard Supporting Member

G&L Kiloton 4 (lefty!) in clear red over spalted maple over swamp ash, 3-ply black pick guard, maple fingerboard with black blocks and no binding, vintage tint satin, 1 5/8" nut, 12" radius. To match her sister:

I'd put the $400 left over towards a sweet tube preamp.

That was easy. Now ask me about amps!

13. Nev375

Nev375

Nov 2, 2010
    Missouri
    A bunch of Warmoth parts most likely. Something in purpleheart and maple I suspect depending what's available.

14. ELG60

ELG60 Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2017
    Mid-Florida
    I'd much rather spend it on more speaker cabinets.

15. Bass V

Bass V

Dec 11, 2008
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    a Tokai Talbot is highest on my GAS list, as are a Torzal Twist and the Gibson EB-1 violin
    the Talbot leaves room for more Peavey Zodiac BXPs, a few select Harley Bensons and old Roadstar IIs
    in time they will all be had... LOL if I'm graced with the time!

16. I'd put it towards the Burns Bison I drool over every time I walk into my local 'swop shop' o_O

17. Spent

Spent Supporting Member

May 15, 2011
    Upstate NY
    I’ll need the cash first. PM it to me and I’ll create a NBD so you can see the bass. Thanks in advance.

18. gln1955

gln1955 Supporting Member

Aug 25, 2014
    Ohio, USA
    Probably order another Maruszczyk to compliment the one I have. Probably an active 5-string Elwood (J style).