1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

old Warwick prices

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by K-Funk, Feb 18, 2008.

1. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    What did a honey-violin finish, 5-string Fortress One cost NEW back in 1995? and how much did the Corvette and Streamer 5-strings cost, as well? Thanks!!

2. The closest I can get is around $1300 for a Thumb BO in 1998. The Corvette is a bit less expensive(& was then, of course)& IIRC, the Fortress was roughly between the two. Streamers were approximately equal in value to Thumb BOs(again, IIRC). Hope this helps.

Edit: These are all 4-string prices; 5s probably added a couple hundred bucks or so.

3. silky smoove

silky smoove

May 19, 2004
    Seattle, WA
    Take inflation into account and the numbers will likely look pretty different... or similar... However you want to look at it :p

4. K-Funk

K-Funk

Sep 24, 2007
    Auburn Hills, MI
    well, regardless of year, what was the new price of a Fortress One 5-string in the honey violin finish? I imagine it was higher than a corvette....

5. Modo74

Modo74

Aug 7, 2007
    Auckland, NZ
    I paid around GBP900 for an active Fortress V with a red woodstain finish in March 94.

Hope this helps.

6. Double E

Double E I ain't got no time to play... Supporting Member

Dec 24, 2005
    Cleveland, OH
    I got my Honey Violin Fortress One 5 for just under a grand new, '94 or '95.