Oldest Pedal You Own In Continuous Use

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by non, Apr 30, 2019.

1. non

non

Aug 4, 2015
    i bought a boss chorus ce-2b in 1988 that has been on every pedalboard i have owned. i noticed how shabby it was looking so i gave it some tlc.
    when i pulled the knobs off to clean i noticed the protective plastic was still on the shinny knob caps! they look almost brand new!
    looking pretty good for 31 years. i checked the serial number with boss and got: 1980-1989 era. Your pedal was made in Apr, 1987. :bassist:
    Boss CE-2B.jpg

Attached Files:

2. Bassmike62

Bassmike62 Punch'n Ooomph Supporting Member

Same tuner for 11 years

P-oddz, Manticore and TheDirtyLowDown like this.
  3. wraub

wraub

Apr 9, 2004
    ennui, az
    Ibanez PD7- early 90s.

theunknowndude and The Mouse like this.
  4. cableguy

cableguy

Jun 4, 2009
    North Bend, WA
    Early 90's Tech 21 BDDI. May not always be on my board, but it's in my gig bag if not.

Ian McLaughlin, Kevnn4 and chaosMK like this.
  5. I've had my Boss TU-2 probably 15 years now.

smogg, DirtDog, StayLow and 2 others like this.
  6. Rev J

Rev J

Jun 14, 2012
    Berkeley, Ca.
    Not that I've had it that long but I have an old Boss PQ3B on my board.

C/S,
    Rev J

Low84 likes this.
  7. Swimming Bird

Swimming Bird

Apr 18, 2006
    Wheaton MD
    Just retired a DD6 I've had since 2001. There is an OC2 on the board also.

8. sillyfabe

sillyfabe keeping the low-end silly since '06

Mar 13, 2009
    San Bernardino,CA
    My third pedal I ever got and still own is my trusty Boss PS-3 Digital Pitch Shifter/Delay. Started playing bass in spring ‘06. Got it in November of that same year.

9. Frodolicious

Frodolicious

May 29, 2018
    Omaha, NE
    This thread is really cool! One of my first pedals was the Amptweaker Bass Tight Fuzz, which I got two years ago. Never left my board,

ThinCrappyTone likes this.
  10. birminghambass

birminghambass Supporting Member

Sep 18, 2002
    Birmingham, AL
    I've has a Zoom bass 506 since 1996. Haven't used it in 15+ years. Just gave it to my 14 year old who's learning bass.

11. TheDirtyLowDown

TheDirtyLowDown

Mar 8, 2014
    Korg DT-10 tuner, about 15 years old, or more. In spite of taking a beating it refuses to die, so I can't get rid of it even though there are smaller, better options these days.

12. Alien8

Alien8

Jan 29, 2014
    The tube in my always on ValveCaster is from 1963, does that count?

13. MXR Micro Amp which I bought around 2011. But I use different boards for different gigs so there is no one pedal that has been in “constant” use. But that pedal has been on a board the whole time I’ve owned it.

14. Smallmouth_Bass

Smallmouth_Bass

Dec 29, 2005
    Canada
    Same as you: Boss CE-2B Chorus!

15. ItsmeSantiago

ItsmeSantiago

Nov 23, 2015
    My first single pedal was an Ibanez Smash Box and it's still on my board. I got it to play guitar, but over the years I've found it to be cool for bass.

I picked up a CE-2B about six months ago and it's pretty cool, so I don't blame you for not taking it off your board.

16. I've had a Sadowsky belt clip preamp for must be 20 years now. I never play without it.

17. I've had the Mutron III since the 70s, same with the Bass Brassmaster and the Smallstone and the MXR Envelope Filter. Most everything else pictured was bought in the early 90's including the Taurus 1 pedals not quite in view. The cheap industrial carpeting is from 2006 or so.
    upload_2019-4-30_21-26-28.png

18. kjp360

kjp360

Feb 11, 2014
    I have an Ibanez CS505 stereo chorus that I picked up 2nd hand in the mid 80's (likely very early 80's manufacture). I do not use it very liberally on bass (vs. guitar) but it does add something once in a while. I also really like the stereo outputs as they have come in handy a few times. I also have the same era Ibanez Phase Tone which is a killer phaser and does not sound like the MXR everyone else had at the time. I bought the same era Tube Screamer at the same time but sold it long ago. I do not miss the Tube Screamer even one little bit no matter what it would be worth now.

Planespotter likes this.
  19. JimmyM

JimmyM

Apr 11, 2005
    Apopka, FL
    Endorsing: Yamaha, Ampeg, Line 6, EMG
    Oc2 from right around when they moved to Taiwan.

wawawawa likes this.
  20. elgranluis

elgranluis

Feb 14, 2003
    Vail, CO
    I have the same chorus pedal , plus the flanger of the same series lol !

I’d guess that’s my oldest pedal. I do have a Thomas organ crybaby , but that one is not in my pedalboard

21. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 13, 2021